Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About Korg not beeing honest about the software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jac38

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: About Korg not beeing honest about the software Reply with quote

A new Arranger, like my Pa600, cost a lot of money and you all know that it's nothing compered to Pa3X. I don't think it's fair the way that Korg don't provide us with the tools that we need to fully use the instrument. I'm talking about the software we need if we want to arrange all the styles and sounds in the instrument. There is no way to do this, directly from a USB memory into the arranger without a bunch of problems and issues.

So when we realize this, often after we bought the Arranger, we go to the "Bonusware" page on http://www.korgpa.com

The program we need is "Style User Bank Manger". It's explained as:

"With this special, free edition, you will be able to create and edit a User/Favorite bank of Styles on the PC, by simply using drag&drop and without having to load the Styles on the Pa. Also included are a Prelisten and a Save Text List functions"

We can also read about what type of program this is:

"This is a special version of Style Works XT Korg, EMC's renowned, award-winning style-conversion utility. It is provided as a freeware* application for Korg Pa arrangers"

In the bottom of the page there is a text about what defines a "freeware".

"* Shareware: You can try this software for a limited time, after which you are asked to pay the requested fee. Please support shareware software by paying it to the author!
* Freeware: You can use the software for free. You can distribute both shareware and freeware softwares, provided you don't alter the original package, and don't ask money for them."

So it's clear that this is NOT a program I need to pay for, as it's not a shareware.

The only clue that this is not what they say it is is the words "(Demo)" in the name "Style User Bank Manager (Demo)" of the software when you download it.

There is no text at all exlplaining that "Style User Bank Manger" is NOT a fully working program and that it's totaly useless as you can't adjust and save all 3 collums of the User 1, User 2 and User3, and to do so you have to buy it for 49 Euro.
If you want to buy the other software "Style Works XT for Korg", almost every function is blocked to use, in this "Demo" version, and to use it you need to pay 99 Euro.

Personally I think we have payed enough when we bought the Arrangers but even if that's not what everybody else think, Korg has to be clear about this and not make it sound like it's for free! The only way to possibly change this is that all of us who thinks this, writes about it.

Regards
Jacob
Beemer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob,

I downloaded and installed the "free" software and confirm that you were correct. There was no need for any pretence that this download was other than a limited function software product.

Ian
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact the vendor - these are NOT Korg products.

At bottom of web page wrote:
Disclaimer: Third-party software supplied in this page is supported only by the original manufacturer. Korg can't be considered responsible for its quality and support.

...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
jac38

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's not a Korg products, but Korg includes this program on the Bonusware side of www.korgpa.com and they are responsible for it. It's NOT EMC who made that site or decided what imformation to write.

I'm not complaining about the fact that this is a EMC Demo Software that you have to pay to use. It's about how Korgas presents it on its side, giving the impression that this is someting we get for free as a bonus. And tyey do it in a way that they really underline the fact that this is a "special, free edition" and hoping that we will miss a sinle little word in that sentence so they can say "We didn't do anything wrong". I'm talking about "With this special, free edition, you will be able to create and edit a (instead of the)User/Favorite bank of Styles on the PC".

This is also about the fact that we don't get the tools we need to fully use an instrument we payed a lot of money for!
MamieNova

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fully agree.
Korg needs to provide a full librarian/editor for PA.
This would probably boost the community and thus the keyboards sales, by sharing samples, sounds, performances and styles.
Today it's almost a nightmare to build one's own sounds and styles library.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: