Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Bug: setlist programs acting up........

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundsailer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Another Bug: setlist programs acting up........ Reply with quote

I'm having a number of issues in this department, I'm about ready to reinstall the OS !!; Ok on this one I have the value slider attached to an effect in a piano program and this program is in a setlist. Sometimes the effect doesn't show up attached to the value slider when I play the program through the setlist, but when I switch to program mode it works as it should............ I've tried, changing control assign's, reinstalling the program into the setlist, re-saving both the program and the setlist, everything and it won't work as it should, even a reboot won't fix it, then after adjusting settings or what ever it starts to work right just to do the same thing shortly afterwards.............................

Another thing is in this program I can't get any other control to work using the Dmod only the value slider !! when I try to attach a control knob the effect goes from full on wet to no sound at all..........

Great board but I'm getting SICK of this SH&T !!!
Steve Pavao
KORG R&D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi soundsailer -

please check your private messages.
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there seems to be many bugs in the kronos concerning set list mode. you should put it in my thread, maybe we can keep all the bugs in one place and help each other out!

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63636&highlight=bug+thread

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: Another Bug: setlist programs acting up........ Reply with quote

soundsailer wrote:
I'm having a number of issues in this department, I'm about ready to reinstall the OS !!; Ok on this one I have the value slider attached to an effect in a piano program and this program is in a setlist. Sometimes the effect doesn't show up attached to the value slider when I play the program through the setlist, but when I switch to program mode it works as it should............ I've tried, changing control assign's, reinstalling the program into the setlist, re-saving both the program and the setlist, everything and it won't work as it should, even a reboot won't fix it, then after adjusting settings or what ever it starts to work right just to do the same thing shortly afterwards.............................

This section of the Parameter Guide explains what's going on:

Alternate Modulation Source (AMS) List, in the Appendices

Value Slider ( CC#18 )
You can use the value slider as a modulation source, but only when the following are true:
• You’re on the Program mode P0‐Main page, and the big Program name is selected, or
• You’re on the Combination mode P0– Prog Select/Mixer page, and the big Combination name is selected.
In these cases only, the value slider sends MIDI CC#18, and can be used as a modulation source.

soundsailer wrote:
Another thing is in this program I can't get any other control to work using the Dmod only the value slider !! when I try to attach a control knob the effect goes from full on wet to no sound at all..........

Make sure that the Control Surface mode is set appropriately.

It sounds like you've been frustrated with this, and I'm sorry about that. In the future, when questions arise, try contacting the product support department of your national Korg Distributor (see the link in my signature); they'll be glad to help.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
soundsailer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Jumped the gun, no bug... user error...... again..... sorry Reply with quote

ok I did it again, sorry to cry wolf Embarassed
The reason I couldn't assign a modulation to control knob #5 is in the piano program it was already assigned to F/A attack.. the 3 other user knobs are assignable in this program.

Not sure why the value slider works intermittently though but now that I understand what's up with the control knobs I'm not using it anymore to assign modulation too..... Twisted Evil
danatkorg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Jumped the gun, no bug... user error...... again..... so Reply with quote

soundsailer wrote:

Not sure why the value slider works intermittently though but now that I understand what's up with the control knobs I'm not using it anymore to assign modulation too..... Twisted Evil

Ah! I need to update the manuals. In addition to the Program and Combination pages listed above, the Value Slider should send CC 18 on Set List page 0 (but not elsewhere in Set List mode).

In general, it's used for editing rather than sending a CC.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Jumped the gun, no bug... user error...... again..... so Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
soundsailer wrote:

Ah! I need to update the manuals. In addition to the Program and Combination pages listed above, the Value Slider should send CC 18 on Set List page 0 (but not elsewhere in Set List mode).

Is this a known bug or "working as intended"? Doesn't seem very reasonable to only have it work on page 0 of the setlist mode?
danatkorg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Jumped the gun, no bug... user error...... again..... so Reply with quote

PinkFloydDudi wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
soundsailer wrote:

Is this a known bug or "working as intended"? Doesn't seem very reasonable to only have it work on page 0 of the setlist mode?

It's the same with Programs and Combis. On other pages, it's used for entering values when editing!

- Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: