Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Music Software Developement today - Considerations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
didjeko

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Music Software Developement today - Considerations Reply with quote

I'm also willing to develop music software, and this for a very long time.
The main questions remain
- which kind of software
- on which platform
- using which development tools and environment.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to earn money (like a job) or for a hobby/fun/helping people?

I am currently busy with a list generator (see link), others are more in the librarian area, sound conversion, VSTs etc.

Platform depends on what you want. If commercial, make support for both Windows/Mac. Development tools and environment: whatever you seem fit or whatever you are used on, as long as it is a generic language (no database specific or obscure language not fit for generic programming).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
andersborg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Music Software Developement today - Considerations Reply with quote

didjeko wrote:
I'm also willing to develop music software, and this for a very long time.
The main questions remain
- which kind of software
- on which platform
- using which development tools and environment.

If you want to work as a free-lancing consultant I get the impression that most work is for mobile phone applications and Web-based services/applications nowadays. Not so much native PC applications anymore, but I've done that too.

For PC applications:
OS X: Objective C, XCode
Windows: mainly C#, VB, .NET

For mobiles:
iOS: Objective C / XCode
Android: Java / Eclipse/ADT (preferably)

For Web:
PHP or .NET, or maybe Ruby or Java (but less used)
SQL
Javascript
HTML
XML/JSON (for Web APIs mostly)
Tools: Eclipse, NetBeans etc

If I were you I'd check out developing music applications of iOS. There's a lot more to do there. Also, Macs seem to be preferred by musicians.

My 10 cents,
Anders
golfer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: EZ Music program Reply with quote

Hi Sharp
Sometime ago i asked if your program would work on a 9.7 android tsblet now i have got a Asus KOX ME400C VivoTab Smart will it work on this one if so how much is the program
Many thank
Bill
manouchehrmail

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to develop my own application to read different file types which make a SET; for example reading out all information from "STY", "PCG", "PRF", "PCM", "PAD", "KMP", "GBL", and "VOC" files.
Where to ask for detailed information about this topic. Please do not refer me to the regional distributors in Germany because although I live in Germany but I want to get English support.

I would appreciate any guide, documentation, or correct contact person to ask.

Best Regards,
Manu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: