Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to setup a dedicated transpose controller

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundsailer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: how to setup a dedicated transpose controller Reply with quote

if I had it my way I would assign one of the user knobs to transpose in every program But I've only been able to figure out how to get the master slider to transpose in the piano program and that's only when the control assign button is set to tone adjust. In every other program I've attempted to do this there appears to be NO setting for transpose in any of the Dmod drop down menus........................

How do you do it?

Last edited by soundsailer on Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: how to setup a dedicated transpose controller Reply with quote

I'd love to know too !!!

soundsailer wrote:
if I had it my way I would assign one of the user knobs to transpose in every program But I've only been able to figure out how to get the master slider to transpose in the piano program and that's only when the control assign button is set to tone adjust. In every other program there appears to be NO setting for transpose in any of the Dmod drop down menus........................

How do you do it?

13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
soundsailer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Why won't the master slider transpose ??? Reply with quote

almost all of the programs don't have a transpose option, not for the control knobs or the master slider..... what's up with that, there must be a way to do it......?? anyone know Shocked
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's possible to transpose a program with a switch or any controller, but you have to do it for EVERY program separately.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
soundsailer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
I think it's possible to transpose a program with a switch or any controller, but you have to do it for EVERY program separately.

I wish that were true, transposing isn't given as an option when your assigning a Dmod to a control knob. I can't figure out how to do it.....
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soundsailer wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

I wish that were true, transposing isn't given as an option when your assigning a Dmod to a control knob. I can't figure out how to do it.....

Maybe it's not transpose in a discrete way, however I am sure on a Triton Extreme or M50 there are patches which you can lower it by one octave by pressing the SW1 button; I am sure this also is possible on a Kronos.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do it. At least you can transpose an OSC.

On a PROGRAM go to PLAY->CONTROL SURFACE. Make sure you're on TONE ADJUST. Select a button or knob. You should see OSC1 Transpose at the bottom of the second column. If it's greyed out that's because it's already assigned somewhere. Assign to a button if you want it to go up a specific amount or a fader if you want it fully adjustable.

Busch.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to assign SW1 or SW2 to OCTAVE +/- do that in PROGRAM-> BASIC/VECTOR-> CONTROLLERS and assign it there.

Busch.
soundsailer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
You can do it. At least you can transpose an OSC.

On a PROGRAM go to PLAY->CONTROL SURFACE. Make sure you're on TONE ADJUST. Select a button or knob. You should see OSC1 Transpose at the bottom of the second column. If it's greyed out that's because it's already assigned somewhere. Assign to a button if you want it to go up a specific amount or a fader if you want it fully adjustable.

Busch.

I do see it there but it's ALWAYS greyed out, Ok I get it now, it looks like from what I just checked the transpose is attached to switches on the virtual mixer, on both programs I checked those switches were turned off but still greying out the transpose option in the drop down menu, so I detached the transpose on the switches and it brought back the transpose option ..... Cool cool thanks.... never would have figured that one out....
Great !!!!!
soundsailer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
If you want to assign SW1 or SW2 to OCTAVE +/- do that in PROGRAM-> BASIC/VECTOR-> CONTROLLERS and assign it there.

Busch.

very cool.... yes I found that one...... Thanks Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: