Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the best sound quality ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
polop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: What is the best sound quality ? Reply with quote

Edit: Sorry for confusion, I need a workstation and i wait the kronos 61 in my country shop but i dont know if it 's a good idea to buy jupiter 80 too for more best sounds synthesizer because the kronos have ms20, polysix, fm (mod7) al-1.

Last edited by polop on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:46 am; edited 5 times in total
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos.

Please close thread now.

Thanks,

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. I'm not even going to weigh in on this one.
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a cowardly jerky thing to do. Do you have nothing else do to with your time?

Quote:
Please close thread now.

Please!
polop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, i want to buy a kronos 61 because i need a workstation and i think it's the best but i dont know if it's a good idea to buy a jupiter 80 too for more best sounds synthesizer, sorry
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really all depends on what you plan on doing with it.

The Kronos has been touted the most powerful workstation/synthesizer EVER by SOS and Keyboard magazines. But, if you don't use those sound engines or organ or Karma or whatever else features, they are going to waste.

The Jupiter is intended for a different audience and for those people, the Kronos may not be a good choice.

What kind of music are you playing? What do you want to do with it?

I believe the Jupiter 80 doesn't come in a 61 key as an FYI.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also consider that J80 is NOT a workstation, it does not features sequencer, midi editor, audio track recording and so on.

while kronos is meant to allow produce your music from scratch to complete song, J80 is more a performance instrument meant for people that play live or that are more interested in playing than in programming sound / producing songs...
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimu wrote:
also consider that J80 is NOT a workstation, it does not features sequencer, midi editor, audio track recording and so on.

while kronos is meant to allow produce your music from scratch to complete song, J80 is more a performance instrument meant for people that play live or that are more interested in playing than in programming sound / producing songs...

Exactly right! The correct answer to THIS thread is.....Kronos.
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Lychee wrote:
Lol. I'm not even going to weigh in on this one.

Hi partner! Very Happy
Slovenec

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget the Kronos. Just get the Jupiter 80. It will sound much better than the Kronos because it's a Roland and it's a Jupiter. The Kronos is only a cheap Korg Oasys!Smile So forget Kronos and go Jupiter and then head over to a Roland Jupiter 80 forum and stay there Smile Smile
Mystic38

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the money then of course buy both..

polop wrote:
hi, i want to buy a kronos 61 because i need a workstation and i think it's the best but i dont know if it's a good idea to buy a jupiter 80 too for more best sounds synthesizer, sorry

Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
polop

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answers, when i have the korg I would see afterwards, but the price of Jupiter 80 is not very good when I compare with the kronos Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: