Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karma scene select question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MBengel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Karma scene select question Reply with quote

I'm still a newbie with the karma idea and was wondering if the different scenes can trigger different GE's or is it just saved as different settings for the same GE.

I imagine that each module can only have one GE selected and the different scenes just change the settings for it. Is that correct?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

A GE has more parameters than just those accessible from the controls too. So changing GEs would be quite cool, but also very complex.
Scenes are based on position of the controls currently, not taking into account ALL of a GE's parameters - those that are not assigned to controls will stay the same between scenes.
Anyway, point I'm trying to get to is that it is the logical situation for the way the controls currently work.

The one thing I think KORG really should change though is that they should allow the drum track pattern to change between scenes..
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
The one thing I think KORG really should change though is that they should allow the drum track pattern to change between scenes..

Interesting - The OASYS drum track can/does change between scenes but only because it is part of the GEs, I guess - which I think is different to how the Kronos handles drums, having the drum track button.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in the M3 and KRONOS you can have KARMA generated drums, and you can argue that would be more powerful.

But from my perspective as a software developer and what not, I think tying the drums more into the KARMA scene selection would be an obvious step forward. Korg has always suggested that drum track is only for 'quick inspiration', but it could be a much more powerful tool if they made it easier to switch drum patterns live.

personally, I'd never actually use it. I'd be more interested in creating my own KARMA GEs, because I love what KARMA can do for generated live content rather than just playing back patterns. It really is like working with a real drummer - you never get exactly what you want., but you get something quite cool instead.
As said, I think think it's an obvious step forward.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: