Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos "Sour Sweetwater Sound" Bad Deal
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Kronos "Sour Sweetwater Sound" Bad Deal Reply with quote

Hopefully noone else will have this problem.

Now get this.. Made a deal with Sweetwater to return the Kronos to exchange for J80 as mentioned in the "Build Quality" posts..and even got Email confirmation from the Top Salesman there with price difference & confirmed quote. Website showed it was in stock..and he said it could ship Thursday or whenever they get my Kronos...my choice. He also was ready to charge my card so I could get it by Monday and then deduct the Kronos price when its received. Now today I shipped my Kronos back UPS and called to give them my credit card to have the J80 shipped today also. Well the SOB sold it, and then denied he was holding it but was still ready to charge my card for the J80- today? WOW!! Charge my card and then have to wait until whenever they get them in again? He then said he was refusing to accept the Kronos back since I was upset?? Below is his arrogant reply over this. This is my third bad deal with them so I am finished with them. Had a similiar problem with my Oasys, of charging credit cards before they even have the item in stock and before I even agreed to buy it.

Fortunately, I had UPS retrieve my Kronos back to me at a nominal cost. Phew!!! Thanks Sweetwater!! Hopefully a local dealer here will come through for me on a deal..

His answer back to me...

" As I told you several days ago, I still have one
still in stock that has not shipped to a customer, and I was expecting
more on the 24th, but we have not arrived here.
I jumped through SEVERAL hoops to take the Kronos back. The only way
that I can do that is that if I sell you another keyboard. That helps
soften the blow of the return, and the difference you need to pay. I
am more than happy to help you, but I cannot have this
misunderstanding. I didn't think that immediate shipping was going to
be a necessary requirement in this transaction. I know you like to
get your items quick, but we didn't indicate a timeframe. "
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like some sort of misunderstanding. But yes, the tone of that email is unnecessarily brusque (and the grammar could use some help, too).

So what's the next move? Are you going to keep your Kronos?
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
rderderian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had great service with Sweetwater and they never charged my card until shipped.
Chriskk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But Sweetwater to me, is one of THE BEST there is and anyone who has an issue with them needs to look within themselves instead of blaming the other person for THEIR problem that THEY caused to happen.

Let's see how you will defend SW for my experience.

I bought an XP-80 brand new from SW in 1995. It frequently froze - every 5 minutes or so. A technician at SW confirmed my unit was faulty and their sales manager promised me a brand new one. And I received a replacement. The box looked pretty banged up and sealed with regular tape. But that was OK. When I opened the box, I knew the unit was a used one. The manuals were all over the place. No plastic wrapping at all. There was a burn mark on the left side of the XP. It was about the size of a thumb and looked like a cigarrett burn. I called them but they insisted that the replacement unit was brand new. I haven't bought anything from SW since then and have always gotten excellent services from other vendors.
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

markuk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
Chriskk wrote:
Quote:
But Sweetwater to me, is one of THE BEST there is and anyone who has an issue with them needs to look within themselves instead of blaming the other person for THEIR problem that THEY caused to happen.

Let's see how you will defend SW for my experience.

I bought an XP-80 brand new from SW in 1995. It frequently froze - every 5 minutes or so. A technician at SW confirmed my unit was faulty and their sales manager promised me a brand new one. And I received a replacement. The box looked pretty banged up and sealed with regular tape. But that was OK. When I opened the box, I knew the unit was a used one. The manuals were all over the place. No plastic wrapping at all. There was a burn mark on the left side of the XP. It was about the size of a thumb and looked like a cigarrett burn. I called them but they insisted that the replacement unit was brand new. I haven't bought anything from SW since then and have always gotten excellent services from other vendors.

I still stand by what I said above. Learn to take responsibility for what happened to you instead of blaming THEM for what YOU created. This isn't a defense towards Sweetwater as much as it is a fact of life in general.

You create EVERYTHING in your life. Successful people have always understood this to some degree and the more understanding they get from that, the less unwanted situations they experience. And if your blaming other people for something YOU have created, you are giving your power away as if they have some high authority over you. Nothing can be further from the truth.

If they sent you a used XP80 replacement and the guy doesn't budge, guess what? YOU created it and as you long as you feel powerless to the situation, nothing will change that and get you a solution until you start taking responsibility for what happened, instead of blaming some "outside" circumstance that happened WITHIN YOU.

How did you FEEL upon placing the order first time around? If there were any bad feelings that you didn't resolve, your experience obviously reflected that.

Stop being a victim and take responsibility for what happened to you. Doing so will make a remarkable difference in your life, including what you achieve after doing so.

Sina

Hey Sina you mean like the time your Oasys was stolen from you and you were begging everyone to help you find the person responsible. Imagine asking for help and it was all your fault.
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kron

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
I have NEVER had a bad experience with Sweetwater. Ever.

Yes, they are expensive, but the service you get is unparalleled in comparison to anyone else out there. My experience with them has been nothing short of incredible.
In other words, take responsibility for what happened and work with the guy to get the solution you are asking for. If you can't do that, then move on. It's that simple.

Sina

I am happy to hear about your good experience and you are a fan Smile

While said that, if that had happened to me, I would dump a seller straight to the trash based on "MY" experience; why would I care about the experience of other people Smile The idea of the Buyer's 'statement of responsibility' does not exist. The seller better behave like a good seller if they want to retain and attract customers Smile

Just a thought to get this in the right perspective.. I sympathise with Sparkie for what he had to go through. SW better fix the behaviour of some of their staff members if that's not giving a consistent experience to all customers...

Cool
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I don't think his reply was unreasonable at all - you're the one who made a misbuy and now want yet another hard to get new synth. Broken promises I can't judge about from just that mail.

But I think you have some different standards on customer service in the US in general.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When in doubt, ask. That's what I always say.

Sorry to hear this did not go well for you. Food for thought though, if I was shipping my expensive keyboard back to a store, I'd be on the phone telling them everything from the Tracking Number to the day it would arrive and what they were to do when they got it.

Leave nothing to chance in a situation like this. Good communication would have likely made this go very smoothly.

Regards
Sharp
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos "Sour Sweetwater Sound" Bad Deal Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:

The error the SW rep made was not informing you their supply was limited, so any hesitation on your part might mean you would have to wait to receive your JP80.

1) If they ship a keyboard before they receive the return, they need to charge your credit card since they have no guarantee you will actually ship the old keyboard. I have encountered this situation with multiple retailers.

2) You may have some concerns about the Kronos build quality, but you don't mention any defects with your specific unit, so yours was not a defective product return. You also don't mention the money specifics, but it seems reasonable to me that if you worked out a "return/buy" deal, and then you did not want to go through with the "buy" half, Sweetwater should be under no obligation to only buy back your keyboard at the agreed price. This is similar if you were buying a new car and trading in your old car.

In the case of a product return, Sweetwater won't be able to sell the product as new, so they will take a hit re-selling the board. They are also out the original shipping cost to you.

3) Did the SW rep specifically sell the JP80, or did Sweetwater sell it?
From your post it appears the SW rep wanted to take your credit card number when you made the deal but you waited at least a day before calling them back. If they have a limited supply of JP80s, it might have been sold during the time delay period. If a company has a buyer willing to pay money right now, that usually overrides someone who is going to buy within a day or two.

I would suggest you contact your SW rep, and ask them to notify you when they get in some new JP80s. Then you can go through with your deal and won't be without a keyboard for too long.

Also, tell the SW rep that he should have told you that SW only had one JP-80, so you could have avoided this situation (where you now have to wait for a keyboard).

Hopefully you can still work out a deal with Sweetwater, since that will probably still be the best deal financially.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/

Last edited by MartinHines on Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
When in doubt, ask. That's what I always say.

Sorry to hear this did not go well for you. Food for thought though, if I was shipping my expensive keyboard back to a store, I'd be on the phone telling them everything from the Tracking Number to the day it would arrive and what they were to do when they got it.

Leave nothing to chance in a situation like this. Good communication would have likely made this go very smoothly.

Regards
Sharp

Sharp, yes I know this. After shipping, I emailed him telling him I would send him the tracking number later ..and to go ahead and charge my card for the J80 and credit me when the Kronos arrives back. Then I would have had one by Monday for sure. Here is his email reply which really concerned me.

"Hello...

I could charge the whole amount... and then refund in a few days....

But my experience has been that it is better to wait."

After reading that I immediately called... and he was unavailable(as always) so I got his lady assistant. After telling her to go ahead and ship the J80 .. she was the one that told me the J80 on reserve was sold and not in the store??

It has always been a real pain to get ahold of the Salesman as I always get put on hold with his 3 minute message..and have to leave a message to call back or get transferred over to some other assistant of his. Then I have to wait for him to call back or talk to whoever I get. Phonetag at its maximum!!

Sina, I was super excited when I first saw this, and I bought the Kronos under full pretentions of keeping it for a few years or so! I didnt buy it just to send it back as I understood it was an Oasys with more options and a few less features with cheaper price!! It isnt any of anything...Period!! and after my tone knob came off in my hand when I opened the box I should have sent it back then. But, I still wanted to give it a fair chance as I sold my M3 to buy it. The build quality, knobs, interface, impossible to see "Untilted" touchscreen, software navigation, Korg leaving out the optional 2gb memory bd, make the Kronos a NO GO for me. Sad!

You talk & preach of "Learn to take responsibility" ..which I find really hilarious?? I believe you are in your early 30s, and still live at home. You dont have a job.. or steady income but depend on what Mom and Pop will do for you. I say practice what you preach and be a man and start earning your own way in life!!
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos "Sour Sweetwater Sound" Bad Deal Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
sparkie wrote:

The errror the SW rep made was not informing you their supply was limited, so any hesitation on your part might mean you would have to wait to receive your JP80.

1) If they ship a keyboard before they receive the return, they need to charge your credit card since they have no guarantee you will actually ship the old keyboard. I have encountered this situation with multiple retailers.

2) You may have some concerns about the Kronos build quality, but you don't mention any defects with your specific unit, so yours was not a defective product return. You also don't mention the money specifics, but it seems reasonable to me that if you worked out a "return/buy" deal, and then you did not want to go through with the "buy" half, Sweetwater should be under no obligation to only buy back your keyboard at the agreed price. This is similar if you were buying a new car and trading in your old car.

In the case of a product return, Sweetwater won't be able to sell the product as new, so they will take a hit re-selling the board. They are also out the original shipping cost to you.

3) Did the SW rep specifically sell the JP80, or did Sweetwater sell it?
From your post it appears the SW rep wanted to take your credit card number when you made the deal but you waited at least a day before calling them back. If they have a limited supply of JP80s, it might have been sold during the time delay period. If a company has a buyer willing to pay money right now, that usually overrides someone who is going to buy within a day or two.

I would suggest you contact your SW rep, and ask them to notify you when they get in some new JP80s. Then you can go through with your deal and won't be without a keyboard for too long.

Also, tell the SW rep that he should have told you that SW only had one JP-80, so you could have avoided this situation (where you now have to wait for a keyboard).

Hopefully you can still work out a deal with Sweetwater, since that will probably still be the best deal financially.

Martin, just to make a few things clear.. SW Rep was paying me $2050 for my Kronos that I paid $2750 for 2+ mos ago. .. as it was not defective. I stood to lose $700. They could sell it as B Stock for discount from the retail price so they could make an easy $500+ profit. I paid the return shipping back to them for my Kronos so it was a "win win" for them. And they were making $300 on the J80 on top of that!

Yes I understand about my credit card being charged for the Jp80 and thats why I called him after seeing his email he sent back to me(above post).
jamsire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stand SW.

They were supposed to fix my high end Wechter 12-string guitar - they didn't, and Abe Wechter, the builder is a part of SW - he actually moved there from Michigan! And STILL it never got fixed correctly.

They also screwed up an order where I tried to order a CD recorder they only had, but then someone saw my name in the "system" and decided to take over the order because I was "educational" - which severely delayed the order for when I needed it.

And they freakin' call all the time and I have repeatedly told them to stop that!

Useless. The only thing I enjoyed from SW was when I went to Gearfest one year working for Sibelius and they had Tower of Power perform - that was great!

Anything else - I wish they'd just lose my number.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: