Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos "Sour Sweetwater Sound" Bad Deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KapnKrunch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have personally been dealing with SW for over 10 years, and they have ALWAYS been excellent. And, they have gone out of their way to match legitimate pricing, so I've never really paid more.

I purchased a Korg M50 from them around 6 months ago, and one of the outputs failed. I brought it to my local authorized Korg repair center, and they "fixed" it, only to fail again with the same problem. I called SW, and without hesitation they agreed to exchange the defective unit, and they paid return shipping. There was absolutely no cost to me, and I received my replacement (FedEx) to Colorado in two days.

I have tuned on MANY people to SW based upon their service and pricing, and all of them have been exceptionally pleased.

It sounds like the OP had a unique, isolated incident, and better communication on both sides would have avoided this.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I never dealt with Sweetwater but there's no way I'd have tolerated what you described. I have been dealing with Zzounds.com for over 10 years and have never ONCE had any problem (nor have I had anyone else beat their prices).
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KapnKrunch wrote:
I have personally been dealing with SW for over 10 years, and they have ALWAYS been excellent....

It sounds like the OP had a unique, isolated incident

I've dealt with Sweetwater for 7+ years now and have always received excellent service. They price-match most of the time and offer great tech support after the sale. When I had a problem with a studio microphone I bought, they covered return shipping and I received a full refund.

Last edited by Synthoid on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos "Sour Sweetwater Sound" Bad Deal Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
Martin, just to make a few things clear.. SW Rep was paying me $2050 for my Kronos that I paid $2750 for 2+ mos ago. .. as it was not defective. I stood to lose $700. They could sell it as B Stock for discount from the retail price so they could make an easy $500+ profit. I paid the return shipping back to them for my Kronos so it was a "win win" for them. And they were making $300 on the J80 on top of that!

Yes I understand about my credit card being charged for the Jp80 and thats why I called him after seeing his email he sent back to me(above post).

I don't think they can sell it as B-Stock. It is used. It can't have a factory warranty of any sort now. B-Stock is, in my experience, brand new from the factory or like-new with some small cosmetic blemish and some type of warranty, often the full warranty. In this case, SW could potentially work out something w/ Korg and send it back to them. Korg could then decide how they want to sell it again to a dealer (based upon how it looks and checks-out, essentially), perhaps as B-stock if it's nearly indistinguishable from new or as factory refurbished, which may carry a reduced warranty (30 or 90 days, many times). Korg also has to remove the registration so that a new owner can register it. They will also sell it to a dealer for less than the cost of a new item.

If SW is unable to exchange this back to Korg, they will eat a good amount of profit by selling it as used. It looks like SW attempted to make you happy, but, as others have mentioned, there was a misunderstanding or two by both parties.

I admit that this is mostly conjecture based upon my past industry experience, fwiw.
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
Quote:
You talk & preach of "Learn to take responsibility" ..which I find really hilarious?? I believe you are in your early 30s, and still live at home. You dont have a job.. or steady income but depend on what Mom and Pop will do for you. I say practice what you preach and be a man and start earning your own way in life!!

I was just trying to help you! If you don't want my help, THEN TELL ME WITHOUT THE F*CKING INSULT!

I HAVE earned my own way in life and I'm proud of it! Where the f*ck are you?! In the SAME SH*THOLE you were in 4 YEARS ago?!

I have come a LONG WAY in the last 3 years with FAR worse experiences that you could EVER imagine!

I went through HELL to to get to where I am today and it was ONLY BECAUSE I didn't know any other way!

So please for the love of God, get a grip, Sparkie! I've NEVER done anything to you! So why would you insult me like that???

Sina

Your the one that made the smarta*Ss insults telling me not to blame someone else? I only stated facts... and looks like you really got a grip with with your F*CKING SH*THOLE attitude? Yeah boy....
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANYWAY...

Back on topic...

I've been using Sweetwater for a few years and I've had nothing but incredible service. I had to return one item that was defective and they let me keep it until they got more in stock. After several months of continued backorder, they allowed me to return it for a full cash refund. They don't always have the cheapest prices, but they DO have the best service.

SIDENOTE:

AMS ships your stuff in the original box. Sweetwater ships the original box inside a BIGGER box, filled with packing. Yes, my K88 box was protected by a bigger box with extra packing. That alone is worth considering when buying expensive gear.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
ANYWAY...

Back on topic...

I've been using Sweetwater for a few years and I've had nothing but incredible service. I had to return one item that was defective and they let me keep it until they got more in stock. After several months of continued backorder, they allowed me to return it for a full cash refund. They don't always have the cheapest prices, but they DO have the best service.

SIDENOTE:

AMS ships your stuff in the original box. Sweetwater ships the original box inside a BIGGER box, filled with packing. Yes, my K88 box was protected by a bigger box with extra packing. That alone is worth considering when buying expensive gear.

I agree the extra box keeps the original box very clean! A good place to get boxes for $5 or less online is uline.com as I use them all the time myself.

The other problem is very few dealers want to stock anything and cant compete because of the cheap prices offered by internet sites. They takeout the small mom & pop music stores locally. You almost have to step up and order a Kronos just to be able to see and play it...or drive to one of the Kronos party demos.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
AMS ships your stuff in the original box. Sweetwater ships the original box inside a BIGGER box, filled with packing.

Not always! I bought a Korg D1600 quite awhile back that was shipped in its factory box. The strapping tape on the bottom was just about to give way as well. I wasn't impressed with FexEx (or whoever delivered it).

From what I recall... my Radias wasn't double boxed either, although to be fair, both the keyboard and synth module are packed in separate boxes inside the outer one.
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has nothing to do with the Kronos...just saying.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkFloydDudi wrote:
This thread has nothing to do with the Kronos...just saying.

Very astute observation! You're absolutely right!
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You both are wrong!! Sorry...Did you read my initial post? It is regarding the "Return of the Kronos" that I purchased from Sweetwater.,,blah blah..

FWIW, the salesman left me a message today now wanting to resolve any problems after he read this post?? I appreciate the thought, But since he told me last week he wouldnt accept my Kronos back ..which I had UPS retrieve back for me..and sold the Jupiter 80 I had planned on trading for, what was that all about? Maybe he wants to refund me my double UPS charges and the time and effort on being sold under the table. I imagine they got retail for it. The website still shows them out of stock also. I had a few good deals with them but I cant trust a dealer such as that.
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
FWIW, the salesman left me a message today now wanting to resolve any problems after he read this post?? I appreciate the thought, But since he told me last week he wouldnt accept my Kronos back ..which I had UPS retrieve back for me..and sold the Jupiter 80 I had planned on trading for, what was that all about?

Sparkie,

Did you read my post? I can understand why the SW rep would not let you only return your keyboard after you agreed to a "return/buy" combination deal. Also, I am not surprised SW did not hold their only Jupiter 80 since you hesitated at least one day to pull the trigger. You stated that the SW rep wanted to take your credit card info to formally hold the JP-80 but you wanted to wait until your Kronos was shipped back.

As I mentioned before, the big mistake the SW rep made was not telling you there was a possibility the JP-80 could be sold during the interim (i.e. during the time between when you verbally made the return/buy deal and when you finally shipped your Kronos back).

As to why the SW rep contacted you again, I am sure it had to do with trying to repair your damaged relationship. Most likely someone else with SW saw your post, and notified the appropriate people. I do believe SW TRIES to provide good customer service, but it doesn't always work out that way since people have different expectations.

FWIW, you can probably sell your Kronos on eBay for a good price. Just take lots of good pictures.

sparkie wrote:
FWIW, the salesman left me a message today now wanting to resolve any problems after he read this post?? I appreciate the thought, But since he told me last week he wouldnt accept my Kronos back ..which I had UPS retrieve back for me..and sold the Jupiter 80 I had planned on trading for, what was that all about? Maybe he wants to refund me my double UPS charges and the time and effort on being sold under the table. I imagine they got retail for it. The website still shows them out of stock also. I had a few good deals with them but I cant trust a dealer such as that.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin thanks for the thoughts..and advice. I was always under the impression that he was holding one for me since he sent me a quote and I agreed and everything. The website even showed one was being "on Hold" so I assumed it was mine. Not once did he mention it could be sold? I waited one day to ship because I had to get it all packed back up and everything and didnt think it would have ever been a problem doing so... We had a deal of which he emailed it to me and I agreed. He should have 100% considered it as being sold and pulled off the shelf instead of being as available stock.

Anyway I got another dealer to take the Kronos back in trade for a Jupiter and I am enjoying it.. seriously! Incredible sound, interface and build quality.

I wanted to keep the Kronos but I just couldnt live with it. The interface and construction and build quality really bothered me. Believe me I have owned many Korgs and I had no problems other than Pads sticking on the Oasys, M3 and sequencer sucked. But even though it has great sounds as usual, I think it is a step back, instead of forward. I hate to say it but I miss the M3 more than the Kronos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: