Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Legacy VSTi vs Kronos legacy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeamsler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Korg Legacy VSTi vs Kronos legacy Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone might have a Kronos and the legacy vsti versions of the MS20 and Polysix? If so could you say whether the parameters are the same or similar between the two? I might have access to the parameter settings of some sounds for the vsti versions but wondered if they could be successfully transferred to the Kronos. However I don't have the vsti versions to compare myself.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have both, but as far as I can imagine, you can use the effect processors of the Kronos for the MS20 and other legacy synths which is not available on the VSTI version.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When MS20-EX was released for the OASYS, Korg stated that they took the original Legacy MS20 and put in more patch points and other features, making it more like an MS50. Or something like that.

Anyway, I think it would be safe to presume that most if not all of the parameters from the Legacy software can be found in KRONOS, but not vice versa.

MS20EX > Legacy MS20
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
PGT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
When MS20-EX was released for the OASYS, Korg stated that they took the original Legacy MS20 and put in more patch points and other features, making it more like an MS50. Or something like that.

Anyway, I think it would be safe to presume that most if not all of the parameters from the Legacy software can be found in KRONOS, but not vice versa.

MS20EX > Legacy MS20

That is right : you can manually translate all presets from Legacy MS20 to Kronos MS20Ex Laughing Idem for the Polysix.
jeamsler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info folks. That is helpful.
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Legacy VSTi vs Kronos legacy Reply with quote

jeamsler wrote:
I was wondering if anyone might have a Kronos and the legacy vsti versions of the MS20 and Polysix? If so could you say whether the parameters are the same or similar between the two? I might have access to the parameter settings of some sounds for the vsti versions but wondered if they could be successfully transferred to the Kronos. However I don't have the vsti versions to compare myself.

It's definitely possible to manually re-create any of the MS-20, Polysix and LegacyCell patches from Legacy Collection. I've had great success with a number of MS-20 and Polysix patches that I love. I'm currently working on a program to convert the .FXB files from Legacy Collection to Kronos .PCG files automatically. I'll keep you and anyone else interested in the project in the loop.

Cheers and happy tweaking!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Legacy VSTi vs Kronos legacy Reply with quote

cynkh wrote:
I'm currently working on a program to convert the .FXB files from Legacy Collection to Kronos .PCG files automatically. I'll keep you and anyone else interested in the project in the loop.

Sounds like a great program. Looking forward to this one!
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interested as well.
jamsire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll pay for that! I would love to use all of the Wavestation files in the Downloads section on the forums first page in the Kronos. They are amazing on the Legacy Collection.
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the better news is that I've "discovered" the Kronos MIDI implementation texts on my 2nd restore DVD so I'll be poring over those for a bit getting the patch contents squared away for Kronos. This should free up my time for finishing the WS, MS and P6 maps for KLC! Smile
More to come really soon!

Cheers!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cynkh, did you succeed in porting over legacy sounds?
ExcelMusicStudio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good project , ! mmm vewwy vewwy useful. he he he he he.. let me know when it's wabbit season.

Songwriter , Lyricist , Music Producer
Korg Kronos 73 , Korg Wavestation SR , Korg M1Rex , Korg A2 Effects , Alesis D4 , Alesis DM5 , Alesis DMpro , Alesis QS4r , Passac Sentient 6 , Roland GP16 , Kurzweil K2000r , Creamware Pulsar , 37 guitars & basses , whacky sense of humour , glass of orange juice.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad there's no Mono/Poly in Kronos. Laughing
Phabius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad there's no Mono/Poly in Kronos. [2]

Please KORG!!!
Korg MS-20 Kit, Korg MS-20 mini, Korg KingKorg, Korg Volca Series (Beats, Bass, Keys), Korg Kronos 61, Korg X50, Korg Triton Extreme 76 (96MB RAM, MOSS), Korg MS2000B, Korg monotron series (classic, duo, delay), Korg monotribe, Kawai K5000W, Nord Stage 88, Nord Electro 2, Nord Modular G2X, Nord Lead 3, Novation X-Station, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air

www.removesilence.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: