Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any recommended forums DEDICATED to music software makers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swiss Frank

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Any recommended forums DEDICATED to music software makers? Reply with quote

I appreciate that this sub-topic exists on the Korg Forums. Hopefully without causing offence, though, I'd guess that the majority of music software authors are congregated somewhere else?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few developers here (including myself), but these are mainly about Korg synths. Most synth software is not specific to one brand, however I do not know other sources (for me it's a hobby project, but I'm a professional software developer).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Swiss Frank

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michel,

I'm trying

http://www.kvraudio.com

http://musicdsp.org
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's a good idea to write to major music software producers OR what might be even better: make your own application to show them what you are capable of.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Swiss Frank

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michel I'm with you--I've already got a job in a different industry; I'm just writing some software on my own as a hobby or possibly small busines, and wanted to find some like-minded people to talk with.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be great to have a place for us programmers to get together and chat about things. I've been interested in collaborating too, although I'm not doing much real programming at the moment after finishing uni and starting an IT support/admin/web job.

But also programmers in my experience tend not to get together and chat about things. Mainly resolving technical issues, but aside from that not much that is very constructive.
I used to be in a number of games development forums associated with various languages and we had little going on - more productive were forums dedicated to certain languages or packages. and again games developers tend to be quite social and open about their development whereas other fields - not so much. In my experience anyway.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know some people here interested in programming. Not all are interested in cooperative writing (including myself for now; not meant personally). But information sharing is always good. I think if somebody has design or specific programming questions related to synth software this is the best folder to start.

Maybe it's an idea to give some keywords for someones expertises.
Something like:
OO Design: Good

C#: Good
C++: Good
C: Normal
Python: Good

PC: Good
Mac: No

MIDI: Some
Sequencers: No
PCG: Good
Software synths: No

Swiss Frank

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really this forum seems good: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=33&topicdays=0&start=360

My DW-8000 was my first kbd and only one 1985-1995 so I'll stick around on this site to discuss that, however.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: