Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KorgPatches.com | Patch Sharing Community
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: KorgPatches.com | Patch Sharing Community Reply with quote

Today im launching Korgpatches.com which is a patch sharing community for Korg keyboard instruments.

It's still in Beta but its fully functional (hopefully Smile ) with ability to upload your own patches, sharing etc:

Feedback, ideas & criticism welcome.

Hope this its ok to post this here Sharp?

Edit. Fixed image link after fixing some things on the site

Last edited by Jon Lord on Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have prefered a helping hand to maintain the already vast download section here.

Regards
Sharp
X-Trade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice idea. Part of the reason why I got involved with KorgFans was to try to create a socially driven patch library, but no-one was sharing any patches there and the platform we used took most of the features we needed away from us.

I'd suggest you take a look at the structure of the download section there though. I don't really think you need different sections for M3 & M50. Otherwise you could also make sections for various flavours of Triton too.

And how about the Radias, R3, microKorg, MS2000, Prophecy, etc?

There is already a great download section here at KorgForums too. It just needs a bit of attention..
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
I would have prefered a helping hand to maintain the already vast download section here.

Regards
Sharp

I've never understood why people will re-create the wheel? Has happened with a couple local sites I have put up.

Jon - I think it would be a much better idea to use this community that has already been built to do what you'd like to accomplish. As Sharp said, there is a download section that could likely use some refurbishing!

Great idea, but I think there are a bunch of areas that already do that type of thing. Starting from scratch might not be the best idea.
PGT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:

Regards
Sharp

It's the smartest choice Laughing That is what I did with Audiokeys Wink
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what Jon Lord has put up: patch base with mp3 audio samples

If a coopertaion between you, Jon Lord, and you, Sharp, is possible, this would be nice as well. It would certainly be great to have the patches hosted here, at a central point. But Sharp, if so, then please with the traditional descriptive text (Oasys downloads) plus the additional Mp3 column and player functionality, as Jon has provided it.

This kind of cooperation would be great if both of you agree.
padking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want to be rude, but there's not even
a category for the Kronos in the download
section, maybe that's why J L made his
own site ?

Padking
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there something I'm missing? I don't see "the already vast download section here". Is that the Sampling and Libraries forum?

Randy

Last edited by Randelph on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I submitted many many MANY patches to the patch base here, to no avail. Thats why i decided to just get a free website host and host my own stuff via drop box. You can find my website in my signature. While i like korgpatches very much so far, i think it needs as much work as any site, probably including my own.

IMHO creating a user submitted patch base is a bad idea. Not a whole lot of people are gonna google "where can i upload my triton patches for all to have?" It's better if you have the idea i have. Which is to provide your OWN patches for all to have, and then just tell people they can email you their files and receive credit in the description area.

my site gets 200+ hits a day, mostly coming from this forum (woot! Thanks for this forum!) and i believe that is because it has a generous amount of stuff for three particular models. And cause it comes up on google and what not...

That said, if anyone wants to upload a patch to my site, just PM me. I guarantee your patch will be downloaded, as all of mine have been downloaed a minimum of 50 times.

the donations i receive are nice too..... just sayin...

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to www.korgforums.com, you'll see a frontpage with a Download section. From Randelph's comment, it appears that many people go straight to the forum index or a particular forum, and may have forgotten that they ever visited the www.korgforums.com front page.

jg::
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JG, Correct you are! That's slightly embarrasing!Embarassed

It would be helpful, considering it's all part of the same website, to have obvious links to Korgforums.com from the forum and index pages!
jamsire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randelph wrote:
JG, Correct you are! That's slightly embarrasing!Embarassed

It would be helpful, considering it's all part of the same website, to have obvious links to Korgforums.com from the forum and index pages!

Are you kidding?????

I only came to the forums AFTER I exhausted all downloads from the front page of this forum! RADIAS, Wavestation & Legacy section ALONE is awesome for the vst/RTAS version of the Wavestation.

Love it!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sharp has said he would add a Kronos folder, but he is probably busy.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am sure Sharp is keen to get the download section updated!

And if it's updated there will surely be a Kronos folder - assuming there's something to put in it!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
Am sure Sharp is keen to get the download section updated!

And if it's updated there will surely be a Kronos folder - assuming there's something to put in it!

I think there will be a lot to put in it already, looking at the PCGs already mentioned in the forum's Kronos section.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: