Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos OS 1.5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Kronos OS 1.5 Reply with quote

Does anybody here bother to keep up with the Japanese Korg website?

Several things for the Kronos announced Evil or Very Mad

This is the pure translation from Google Translate...

KRONOS system version 1.5, program expansion, such as bank users, and multi-sample extension of the number of samples, such as additional memory support, a number of new features related to the KRONOS sound library which will be released gradually from early October Add. Connecting the USB MIDI controller or the like microKEY also nanoPAD2, KRONOS editor, such as adding support for plug-in editor.
KRONOS system version 1.5, Www.korg.com / Registerkronos customers who registered users will be able to download for free, so you can update the KRONOS, you have not already registered user are requested to register for this opportunity.

KRONOS system version 1.5 will be available mid-October.

1: After downloading to your PC, then load in the body such as a USB flash memory using KRONOS.

2: The use of a sample series of KRONOS EXs sound library expansion will be necessary to update the system Version1.5 the body. EXs sample series expansion is to be loaded in virtual memory, allowing you to play a sample size of the sample and larger memory capacity.

Provide programs and expand the number of user bank
RAM maximum number of multi-sample extension to four times the number of samples
and such nanoPAD2 microKEY, USB MIDI controller compatible connection
Added support for memory expansion
KRONOS corresponding editor / plug-in editor

Provide programs and expand the number of user bank

Program, wave sequence, the user bank of drum kits, each seven (USER-USER from AA-GG) to expand. These additions to the bank, or a series of professional sound KRS KRONOS sound library, you can save and create custom sounds. Bank programs have been added, the bank is accessible by front panel switch.
INT-USER for example, by simultaneously pressing the D-D, USER will select the DD-bank added.

RAM maximum number of multi-sample extension to four times the number of samples
1,000 units from 4,000 to extend the maximum number of samples for multi-user sampling RAM. Similarly, extending from 4,000 to 16,000 the maximum number of sample RAM. User Sampling and useful format to read the various sample libraries.

nanoPAD2 microKEY, USB MIDI controller compatible connection

A USB MIDI controller, you can connect directly to KRONOS. For example, the Korg microKEY, KRONOS the piano keyboard and touch-Connect 73 to 88 can play a synth keyboard touch. Korg USB MIDI controller with more pads (nanoPAD, nanoPAD2, padKONTROL) using a virtual function code corresponding to the pad pad 1-8 KRONOS automatically just connect, play drum pad, cord trigger performance, and enables switching codes in a chord mode.
Product Information: microKEY
Product Information: nano2 Series

Extended support for additional memory

Corresponds to the additional memory expansion. You can extend a single DIMM memory for the computer market. And one additional sample memory 1GB DIMM is extended to about 2GB.

Install additional memory, make a charge at the Korg service center. Please note that by adding your own can not. More information will be available mid-October.

KRONOS corresponding editor / plug-in editor
KRONOS editor, add to the body of the KRONOS KRONOS support plug-in editor. In KRONOS editor on Windows computers and Mac OS X, allowing sound making. KRONOS Using plug-in editor, DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) and software applications on the host, can be treated as a plug-in instrument to KRONOS. Here is a VST format for Windows, and supports the VST and AU formats for Mac OS X.

Be happy... things are happening.
Oboemd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for info
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOHOO!!!!!

Class compliant USB Midi stuff - AWESOME!!
Double the program banks - SERIOUSLY?!

I think I just had a nerdgasm Smile

Now if only MY 88 WOULD ARRIVE!!! #$%@^!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you,

I do not really understand the program banks, does it mean there will be AA-GG banks, so around 7*7 for int/ext so 98 (including GM banks)?

Also the increase of combi banks?

Looks really interesting.

I also hope the memory increase will not be overexpensive.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is awesome. Thanks so much for the update. Still waiting for my Kronos 61 to arrive. Very Happy
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

f*ck

YEAH

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Guess the possible banks will be then INT-A, ... INT-G, EXT-A ... EXT-G, INT-AA .. INT-GG and EXT-AA .. EXT-GG ?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but what front panel switch could be used to switch?
I bet it will be like this

youre on U-A, then you hit the U-A button again and it starts blinking and you get the extra bank...

WELL I BET I JUST FOUND A USE FOR THAT FAMOUS FUNCTION BUTTON ON OASYS!

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess for the extra banks is: press U-A twice for bank AA, then press and hold U-A then press U-B for bank AB etc, but to be honest, I'll be more than happy just to have an extra 7 banks.

The devil is in the detail, which we'll get to know about closer to the release date. I appreciate that Korg has given us a preliminary release date of mid-October, hopefully this also includes the editor.

BTW, there's also news about Korg's expansion Library on the site too, but I have enough onboard sounds to keep me occupied for a while, I'm still busy getting my Logic Environment together... cutting and pasting 2,300 (or thereabouts) program/combi names is taking forever Very Happy
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely great news.
And finally a word about the VSTi delivery!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronik wrote:
My guess for the extra banks is: press U-A twice for bank AA, then press and hold U-A then press U-B for bank AB etc, but to be honest, I'll be more than happy just to have an extra 7 banks.

The devil is in the detail, which we'll get to know about closer to the release date. I appreciate that Korg has given us a preliminary release date of mid-October, hopefully this also includes the editor.

BTW, there's also news about Korg's expansion Library on the site too, but I have enough onboard sounds to keep me occupied for a while, I'm still busy getting my Logic Environment together... cutting and pasting 2,300 (or thereabouts) program/combi names is taking forever Very Happy

Actually, this way there could be 49 banks: AA, AB, .., GF, GG, and that times 2 for intern and extern banks.

However, I think (since the term simultaneously is used in the post), that you have to press the Program button together with a bank button. This would result in 14 extra program banks.

billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news...thanks for posting that.
I dont understand what they are on about regarding the ram. Can it go up to four, or there abouts or not?

Regards
Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max recognized amount of RAM will be 3.25 GB if you put 4 GB total in it, because the OS is 32-bit.
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is amazing news! I'd like to say that I've just been patiently waiting and giving the benefit of the doubt knowing that Japan has been suffering with some horrible tragedy (all of which is true); but, mainly I'm just preoccupied with the sheer number of programs, engines, parameters- possibilities- of the Kronos (since I have never owned an Oasys and only purchased KLC'07 since getting the Kronos).

I will be very interested to see how the nanoPads and nanoControls work with the Kronos and, of course, supremely interested in the VSTi/AU editor!

Excellent digging, Kronik!! Thanks very much!

ありがとうございます。

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link for the new sounds...

http://www.korg.co.jp/Product/Synthesizer/KRONOS/soundlibraries.html

On the right side of the page you will notice 4 x new sample libraries.

Vas
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: