Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos - new sound libraries announced by Korg
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gargamel314 wrote:
so... question on the KARO stuff - are ALL of their Kronos products being released as KEP's? or EXs's? cause they got a LOT of material on their site.

Looks like all their stuff will be EXs, so you will be able to stream them from the SSD. Which is great!
Fred S

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will I able to purchase and install the Vienna piano, for example, without disturbing the rest of the patches I've tweaked. I'm guessing you buy the libraries and install after the 1.05 update is installed so you have an unused location to store them. Same question for the 1.05 update...will that effect any of the currently tweaked patches.
Fred S

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know the answers?

Thanks!
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred S wrote:
Will I able to purchase and install the Vienna piano, for example, without disturbing the rest of the patches I've tweaked. I'm guessing you buy the libraries and install after the 1.05 update is installed so you have an unused location to store them. Same question for the 1.05 update...will that effect any of the currently tweaked patches.

1. OS Updates do not affect currently loaded and tweaked patches. But you should always back up a copy of all your internal sounds before running OS updates, just to be safe. (You know how it goes: if you have a backup of everything, nothing will go wrong. If you don't...)

2. The sound libraries will be able to be loaded into empty banks without disturbing currently loaded patches- just be sure to follow whatever instructions they come with. Wink

Fred S

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stephen!
arne v

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Stephen for your excellent and hard work on Karma and thank you for bringing back my musical inspiration Smile

I never stop being amazed what Karma does Wink
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arne v wrote:
I never stop being amazed what Karma does Wink

+1!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karma will be almost completely new for me when I buy a Kronos.
The reason I don't buy it for my M50 is because it is not within the synth and I use my synth only for gigging.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since most of it is rhythm based I find its usefulness limited in a band context.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's another reason, it's more like a 'toy' (without disrespect for karma, it has much more capabilities than a normal arpeggiator). However, there was only one song I used the arpeggiator (and we don't play that song anymore). I even don't use a sequencer (we do everything live).

So then it would be nice for 'just playing at home and have fun' ... guess I can wait for the Kronos which has a builtin version.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
arne v

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:

So then it would be nice for 'just playing at home and have fun' ... guess I can wait for the Kronos which has a builtin version.

In my case thats true, because i do not have a band (yet) to play with so im jamming with karma and making tunes Smile

Since its rythm base i guess you cant lock Karma tempo to the rest of the band ..hehe
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean. It comes into its own much more as an inspirational or groove tool in the studio. Another thing that held me back was that it's so incredibly complicated to work all the parameters effectively. Because it does so many different things, and every GE has different parameters (some of which are things like "increase note duration" or "increase interval") it's almost never very straightforward to edit.

One thing I did use it for live (way back with my red Karma) was an awesome harp arpeggio/glissando. I think I copied the GE from a patch called "Piano/AT" (presumably AfterTouch) where you could trigger the arpeggio (and its speed/intensity) with aftertouch. It used the scale or chord you were playing. Really cool amd useful! Ever try playing a one handed up/down glissando in Eb-major? Smile
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arne v wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

In my case thats true, because i do not have a band (yet) to play with so im jamming with karma and making tunes Smile

Since its rythm base i guess you cant lock Karma tempo to the rest of the band ..hehe

There probably is a TAP TEMPO button which is usable?

SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The enter button doubles as a tap tempo. On the Extreme and the Karma it's not very usable, there are no decimals and it tends to be just slightly off. Waiting to see how this will be on Kronos.
arne v

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:

There probably is a TAP TEMPO button which is usable?

well..lets say your on a gig, had a few beers and play songs that changes rapidly you will never manage to get in sync Smile

I have tried this with a friend of mine when recording on his mac, but got to a point and punched in the right tempo instead Wink
(he didnt have midi...he is a guitar guy)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: