Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uk Shipment on the 7th September
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Uk Shipment on the 7th September Reply with quote

Korg will have a shipment of the Kronos Boards in the Uk on the 7th September according to the Uk Korg rep. So hopefully the long wait is coming to the end.

I believe its the same case with the US.

Heres hoping for calm seas.

All the best Very Happy
DavyP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: UK Delivery Reply with quote

Yep! That sounds about right!

I returned my K61 this week and my supplier checked with Korg and was told that the K88 would be arriving 1st or 2nd week in September.

Good Luck!
Korg Kronos 88, Korg M1, Novation SL61 MKII, Roland JV1080 with Techno expansion, Roland D110, Yamaha MU80, KRK Rokit 5 monitors, Akai ME30PII midi patch bay, Behringer RX1602 mixer, ESI ESP1010e audio interface, Quad Core PC, Cubase Pro 9.0, SE X1 condenser mic.

Guitars: Yamaha SG700, Ovation Applause electro-acoustic, Squier Strat, Roland micro cube amp.

Former: Roland Jupiter 6, Yamaha DX9, Akai X7000 sampler, Casio CZ1000, Roland SH101, Roland TR909, Roland MC500mk2, Emu Procussion.
BlueLouBoyle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last!!!

I was hoping I'd receive my Kronos before the updates in October!
•Yamaha DGX300 (Sigh)

Wishlist:
•Hohner D6
keyplayer14

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ties in with what I was told too. I'm third on a waiting list - if they only get two I'm not gonna be pleased!
Spann

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for posting this information - very interesting.

It doesn't *quite* tally with what I've heard. I have a forwarded email from a Korg UK representative, dated yesterday, quoting mid-September. That is I would have thought a bit later than the 7th September. Do you know if the date you were quoted referred to the 88 note version?

Like many people here, I have been very patiently awaiting my Kronos 88 for a while. I was originally quoted perhaps end of July, then August, and now as I said mid-September. It is a worry that the dates keep slipping, but to be honest my dealer has been fantastic in keeping me informed - and he can only pass on the information he gets from Korg UK.

Here's hoping they get here soon rather than later Very Happy.

Cheers,
Spann
DavyP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: UK DELIVERY Reply with quote

Not sure bout the K73 but I was told the K88 is due around the 1st or 2nd week September which should work out to be between 7th and 14th (Mid Sept).

I am hoping around mid Sept at the latest but I suppose we will have to wait and see. I think some UK dealers may have already had a shipment (1 or 2 K88's) around early August??

Anyway it's now England 3 - Bulgaria 0

Fotball takes your mind off the Kronos for a little while!

Very Happy
Korg Kronos 88, Korg M1, Novation SL61 MKII, Roland JV1080 with Techno expansion, Roland D110, Yamaha MU80, KRK Rokit 5 monitors, Akai ME30PII midi patch bay, Behringer RX1602 mixer, ESI ESP1010e audio interface, Quad Core PC, Cubase Pro 9.0, SE X1 condenser mic.

Guitars: Yamaha SG700, Ovation Applause electro-acoustic, Squier Strat, Roland micro cube amp.

Former: Roland Jupiter 6, Yamaha DX9, Akai X7000 sampler, Casio CZ1000, Roland SH101, Roland TR909, Roland MC500mk2, Emu Procussion.
dregsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keyplayer14 wrote:
Ties in with what I was told too. I'm third on a waiting list - if they only get two I'm not gonna be pleased!

Been there, done that.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: I got the impression ....... Reply with quote

I am worried now......I got the impression that this was going to be a big shipment to the uk. Really Puzzles me that in this day and age , with logistics etc that you don't get a personal order number and tracking number afterall we have all put a deposit on an expensive item . Seems to be a vague kind of lottery.

Well here's hoping that I win the Kronos lottery.

Or I'll go back to sucking my thumb and throwing my toys out the pram.

Best if luck chaps .
DaveBoulden

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also told possibly 2nd week of September for my pre-ordered K73.
Carbon Trader

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Kronos 73 SHIPment Reply with quote

Talked to Tony W at Bonners last week and he told me that the shipment (with my 73 in it) was due to arrive in the UK on 30th August. This would then take a week to get through customs to Korg UK and a few more days to get to the retailers - hence expecting to apply digits to keys mid Sept. Very Happy

I asked him to pop outside with his telescope and confirm when he could see the container ship sailing (painfully slowly) past...

Given all the hoo-ha on this forum it would have been a good gesture from Korg to air-freight the pre-orders and chop a few weeks off the delivery dates of their loyal customer base.... Twisted Evil
Sonic Cell
NI Komplete, MusicLab Guitars, Sonic Projects OP-X Pro II
http://www.bandmix.co.uk/Carbon_Traders
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos 73 SHIPment Reply with quote

Carbon Trader wrote:
Talked to Tony W at Bonners last week and he told me that the shipment (with my 73 in it) was due to arrive in the UK on 30th August. This would then take a week to get through customs to Korg UK and a few more days to get to the retailers - hence expecting to apply digits to keys mid Sept. Very Happy

I asked him to pop outside with his telescope and confirm when he could see the container ship sailing (painfully slowly) past...

Given all the hoo-ha on this forum it would have been a good gesture from Korg to air-freight the pre-orders and chop a few weeks off the delivery dates of their loyal customer base.... Twisted Evil

Sad

I must admit. Its frustrating and bizarre, frankly, the lack of info and confirmation on deliveries. If I ran by business like this I wouldn't have one.
I'm sure we won't care though, once our 73's are in our possession. Soon I hope! Question
Question Question
Spann

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

There is certainly a level of opaqueness about when these keyboards will be available.

I seem to have complete transparency at the dealer level. I'm told that I am first in line for a Kronos 88 on their order books, and that they have been told they will be getting some of the next supplies into the UK, and I have no reason to doubt that.

Beyond that though, in terms of the actual date of the supplies actually arriving, things are a little fuzzy. The email I referred to earlier is the first quote I've personally seen from a Korg representative in writing so to speak, but again 'mid' September seems a little imprecise to me.

It did occur to me that perhaps Korg UK are uncertain as to when new stocks will be available - maybe they too are getting rather vague information themselves from Korg HQ.

Cheers,
Spann
Rorcus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got Omnisphere to keep myself amused whilst waiting for my Kronos 61 , I really hope they do get shipments soon as the wait is getting more and more expensive Mr. Green

Having said that, Omnisphere was well worth the money, it's probably the best soft synth I've used.
Carbon Trader

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Oberheim VST Reply with quote

I too must confess to getting itchy fingers whilst waiting for my K73 and investing in Sonic Project's OP-X Pro II. Brilliant synth sounds that I've been after for a while for Jump, Tom Sawyer, Subdivisions etc.

When the VST locked up in the Kore host I was using they sent me an updated Beta release within 24 hours that zapped that little bug. Now that is NICE service Very Happy

Looking forward to re-creating some of these sounds in the Kronos - anyone programmed some of these songs?
Sonic Cell
NI Komplete, MusicLab Guitars, Sonic Projects OP-X Pro II
http://www.bandmix.co.uk/Carbon_Traders
Spann

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So - it's the 7th tomorrow. Can't help but wonder, has the original poster, or indeed anyone else in the UK heard anything further?

Cheers,
Spann
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: