Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oasys clock battery CR2032 changed, Oasys dead, need HELP pl
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mozartella

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Oasys clock battery CR2032 changed, Oasys dead, need HELP pl Reply with quote

I received from the monitor a warning, stating, my CR2032 battery needed to be changed...

I followed the instruction on the Oasys book, and it say to shut off the power, open the board, remove the CR2032, install a new one, put all the screws back, and fire the Oasys....

well, now, when I boot it, I have a dead screen and after a fews second a drawing like a computer PC and a monitor, and a cable, who is with an red X telling me something, like no connection beetwen, I think the software and the monitor, but what ?

Now, this morning I went to the Korg repair shop and, they are closed until January 3,,,,,&**&^%$$#@#,,,,

HOW to RESET the board? PLEASE it's Christmas, just someone to guide me?

Also, at the shop, a tecckie told me, " when changing the battery, the power must be ON "
this is NOT mentionned on the book, and, he also told me, I must come to the shop to change the CR2032......? true, not true,,, for changing a battery ?????

I am pretty sure I am not the first one, and how do we restore the Oasys.....

THANKS for any help...

Olivia Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
mozartella

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to have posted that message, but, after more reading, I just was able to restore from the Restore CD...Now almost to normal...

But, why they told me I could not do so? the teckies? just always making money first, sorry but typical from Eastern countries...and time...to bring a so heavy unit to the shop, just for software restoring..... Crying or Very sad

Happy Christmas
Hedegaard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mozartella,

Good to hear that your Oasys is not all "dead" and you're able to restore it.

The reason (I suspect) for leaving the power on whilst changing a battery from a PC motherboard, is that if the power is off and you take out the battery, then you lose all the CMOS instructions (such as what screen you're using, what harddisks are in the machine, what other settings about the RAM, CPU e.t.c)

When you change a battery while it is on, then you dont lose the settings.

I ***Think*** that when you changed battery while the machine was off, it lost these settings and the restore CD's managed somehow to retrigger the settings that the Oasys is "born with".

USUALLY in newer motherboards, the settings are stored in a form of non-volatile RAM (but not ROM - thats something else) so it dosent matter to remove the battery whilst power is off.
And I think this is the case with the Oasys, this could be the reason why its not mentioned in the manual, but for some reason it may have lost the information stored in CMOS.

However, I think the issue is about perhaps a cable to the touchscreen, are you sure you didn't move anything about with your big fat dirty fingers? Wink Smile
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delighted you've nearly got your O back to her normal self - must have been scary! Is amazing how much an ill O can affect you... whilst mine is okay just now (touch wood like mad!), I don't know what I'd do if something happened to mine Shocked scared just thinking about it...

Happy O = happy life Cool
mozartella

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hedegaard,

of course with my fingers full of jams, the real one, not the one, we musician like to have, I had to make a mistake, but, not, not....

Yesterday, when I switched the O, at the first boot, my screen was all black....? then, I did reboot and, this is where I got the message, the battery must be changed...

Read the book, look at post on Korg Forum, and, I did not think of that volatile stuff but it make sens....

Anyway, I just had a spare battery, but, not the same brand and sorry made in China stuff...I could restore the O, and did not need any authorisation number from Korgusers...

But, I just came but to the O after having our supper, and, again, the same drawing with the PC and no connection with the monitor...Tomorrow, going to buy a better LC2032, and see if that would make the trick...

Now, again, I am in the dark..

thanks for your explicit message, you so clean fingers....hi...hi..

now I do wonder if I must restore everything or just the internal stuffs?

Also, why Korg did not mentioned that? the CMOS need POWER when changing a battery....????
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
...I don't know what I'd do if something happened to mine Shocked scared just thinking about it...

Same here.

Good luck Mozartella! Please keep us informed!
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again mozartella - there have been posts mentioning this picture you talk about.

I will have a look for some links but I seem to remember that people here thought it was a hardware problem with the connections to the screen.

I do sincerely hope that the battery sorts it out for you but it may be that she needs some techie attention Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
mozartella

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Szervus Akos, and Cello,

I do wonder where and how the cable, I mean the internal cable who connect the Monitor would be faulty, because, when I reinstalled the RESTORE cd 1.1 version, the 4 CD's to the Oasys, the screen had NO trouble at all..I could very well see and wait for the process to restore the OS, even when it was finished, I restored also to the last OS update the 1.3.3.a, and then again Oasys posted a warning, regarding the LC2032 battery....

would post tomorrow, and, please wish me luck...Don't you know it? , my nickname is Miss Lemon, yeap

Laughing
mozartella

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
Delighted you've nearly got your O back to her normal self - must have been scary! Is amazing how much an ill O can affect you... whilst mine is okay just now (touch wood like mad!), I don't know what I'd do if something happened to mine Shocked scared just thinking about it...

Happy O = happy life Cool

see Cello,

this is when things go wrong, that we truly learn.....not with gentles flowers, just with big spangs.... Very Happy
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozartella wrote:
Szervus Akos, and Cello,

I do wonder where and how the cable, I mean the internal cable who connect the Monitor would be faulty, because, when I reinstalled the RESTORE cd 1.1 version, the 4 CD's to the Oasys, the screen had NO trouble at all..I could very well see and wait for the process to restore the OS, even when it was finished, I restored also to the last OS update the 1.3.3.a, and then again Oasys posted a warning, regarding the LC2032 battery....

would post tomorrow, and, please wish me luck...Don't you know it? , my nickname is Miss Lemon, yeap

Laughing

Szervusz Miss Lemon (Citrom kisasszony) Very Happy,

Although I repaired switches my OASYS once, unfortunately I don't know the screen cable.

In any case, first I would change the battery. It's easy, please read the short explanation how to do it on Parameter Guide p. 1093-1094. According to this you have to switch the power OFF before you start. In my opinion DON'T open and manipulate inside the OASYS while it's powered on - especially if you are not a professional technician - because you may damage it or you can get an electric shock. Exclamation

Martin Hines took interior shots - see this post. Picture 4 shows the coverplate to be removed. Picture 5 shows the battery itself.
mozartella

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akos thanks, and, do not worry, I years ago did opened the Oasys, to put an extraboard, and everything was fine...

What I did find out, and, just cross my finger, the Oasys, seems back to track...

When I removed the flat battery, I had a cheap one and replaced it...But, in the parameter book, Korg also mention to use either a Maxwell a Sony or a Panasonic battery....And guess what it took me this Saturday, a long time to finally find a Sony battery..

Since the Oasys was able to boot, but gave me more then once the message regarding the low battery, even I had changed to the Sony model....I am pretty sure, some left over from previous attemp to Restore first, I mean Today, I Restored only the Internal memory, and it did not worked, all the combis where gones, then, I again did a full Restore, and luckily did not have to reformat the hard disk...

Seems it is working, but, I do wait a fews days, to see it is for real or not... Confused

thanks for your supports, this is a nice Christmas gift for me...

Jo Karasconyi ido draga Akos Wink
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mozartella,

I'm glad to hear the good news.
I wish you the same: Boldog Karácsonyt! Smile

P.S. I just saw in your signature you have a Pa1X Pro. I liked that instrument. Have you seen my 10-part Pa1X Pro demo on YouTube?
mozartella

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kedves Akos, yes I went to see your video, and your son is very nice and he have a good voice....

and? you are a big boy into music, good for you....

I still use the Pa1 Xpro and the Oasys, and still enjoy both

Oasys, is not any more beteg, ( sick ) no H1N1 no virus..... Laughing
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kedves Olivia,

Köszönöm a kedves véleményed! Thank you for your kind opinion!
Szerencsés vagy az OASYS-szel. You are lucky with the OASYS.

Minden jót,
All the best,

Ákos
giu_gio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Oasys clock battery CR2032 changed, Oasys dead, need HEL Reply with quote

Hi to Everybody,
is the exact procedure to change the battery to replace with the OASYS on the position then "ON" ? Doesn't nothing happen to OASYS on "ON" while the battery changes him?
Thanks,Best Regards
Giuseppe
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: