Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EXB PCM 08 Concert Grand - Anyone have the original combis?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyc69uk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:24 pm    Post subject: EXB PCM 08 Concert Grand - Anyone have the original combis? Reply with quote

Unfortunatley the file available for download on the Korg US site contains an incorrect set of combis in bank 'A' and nothing in bank 'C' or 'D'. The manual describes a full compliment of 128 combis should be available in bank 'C' or 'D'. Does anyone have a copy of the original disc contents and could they make it available for me to download? I would be VERY greatful!
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/1/277/3201/

The above link indicates the PCG file for PCM08 includes 32 programs and 64 combinations. Maybe the other 64 combis don't use the Concert Piano programs and are just copies of the Triton preload combis to fill out a complete bank? IDK.
andyc69uk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks, looking at it again, you are probably right. The combi's in the download are all stored in bank I-A (which is incorrect) and in a different order, with blank combi's in-between some of them. But looking at the names indicates they are probably all there, at first glance. Yes, agreed... the other 64 'missing' combi's are probably from the original pre-load, althoug I can't find any of them. Anyway, it would be interesting to review the contents of the original disc as they should match the details on the instruction manual. I am using a Triton Studio which has the Concert Grand buit in, so, I do not have the disc and am restricted to download. Thanks again for your help :>
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a look, and I *think* the downloads PCM08 PCG file is complete. I now do not think there are duplicated preload programs or combis in it.

There are 32 new programs in PCM08 PCG for bank slots 000-031. They use the Bosendorfer piano samples. You must load these programs into the internal program C bank for the PCM08 PCG combinations to work.

You may even need to load the preload programs for Triton Studio (if they have been modified or rearranged) before you load the PCM08 PCG to make sure any preload programs used by the PCM08 combinations are available.

I do count 65 combinations in the PCM08 PCG file that do use one or more of the piano programs from the program C bank. The combinations can be loaded to any combination bank (as an entire bank or as individual combis).

The PCM08 PCG combi bank is sparsely populated - giving the appearance that combis are missing - but I think it is complete. There are a lot of empty unnamed combis or combis or named with informational headers like "<<Layers>>" and "<<Splits>>".

In summary, I think everything is there that's suppose to be there.
andyc69uk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for investigating. I can confirm all of the combis are there in bank A. I took the time and trouble to pick through them and re-allign into the first 64 slots as per the user manual for PCM08. So, all is good and nothing is missing. I have also saved a back-up copy :>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: