Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Trinity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG Tools 1.7.0

A new release with several new features, improvements, bug fixes and a new language.

Korg Trinity Support
From version 1.7.0, PCG files from the Korg Trinity, (both V1, V2 and V3) and Korg TR Rack can be managed. Version V1 will be show as V2 or V3 but behaves correctly otherwise.
SNG files from the Trinity are not supported.

Programs from the M bank can be copied to the S bank and reversed.

Sort
Programs, combis and set list slots (from the Kronos (X)) can be sorted in several ways:
- by Category/sub category
- by Name
- by Title/Artist

The last option might sound strange, but a special character (e.g. dash: - ) can be specified and patches having that character are considered having a title - artist or title - artist form.
The main usage is when you play in a band having the songs of a set list in a range of combis then you possibly order them in the order of your gig.
However, in the rehearsal room it might be easier to have them sorted by title or by artist. Or what you can do is copy the combis to another bank and have a different sorting on that bank.

You also can sort multiple banks at once.

Move through open windows
With the F6 and Ctrl+F6 keys you can easily move through all open PCG or Combi windows.

Synthesis type shown
Until version 1.6.0, program banks and several other generated list showed either Sampled or Modeled programs. From now on the correct synthesis type is shown, possibly different per workstation model.
E.g. for a Korg Kronos: EXi or HD-1 is shown, for a Korg Trinity Z1/Moss or Access, for a Korg M3/M50 EDS and so on.

These types and also the workstation model is shown in the status bar when copying programs.

More list generator options
Text filtering can be performed on drum kit and wave sequence names.

More improvements
Also a lot of other improvements are implemented. See the list at the end for more info.

Bugs Fixes
Several bugs have been fixed. The most important is the Master File support for the Korg Tritons and Karma.

Translations
A new language variant (Portuguese for Portugal) has been added.
Also all new texts have been translated by some great translators willingly to spend some time to perform this task.

More external link
More external links / logos are added.

Complete list of changes
Code:
1.7.0      27-Mar-2013  Support: Added support for Korg Trinity, Trinity v3, Trinity Solo and TR Rack.
                        Support: Trinity programs from the M bank can be copied to the S bank and vice versa.
                        Feature: Sort programs, combis and set lists.
                        Improv:  Move to the next window with F6 and to the previous window with Ctrl+F6.
                        Improv:  In A PCG window, in the bank list, the real synthesis engine is shown.
                        Improv:  When copying programs, the real synthesis types are shown in the task bar.
                        Improv:  In a File Content list, the synthesis types are shown for programs.
                        Improv:  When copying patches, the workstation model is shown in the task bar.
                        Improv:  Added list generator options for text filtering wave sequences and drum kits.
                        Improv:  Show a message box when a PCG file has been set as Master file.
                        Improv:  When PCG file is master file and is loaded, don't ask to load master file.
                        Improv:  Increased with to fit PCG window's column of Triton Drumkits EXB banks.
                        Improv:  Widened several columns in the Timbre window to accomodate title.
                        Improv:  Increased speed of generating a differences list.
                        Bug Fix: Master files fixed for Krome, Tritons and Karma.
                        Bug Fix: Correct (sub) category shown when moving a program up or down.
                        Bug Fix: Combi name text filtering was not taken into account in some cases.
                        Bug Fix: Master Files could not be set for single OS version workstation models.
                        Bug Fix: Fixed differences list for ASCII table output.
                       +Bug Fix: Fixed online link to manual in PCG Tools.
                        Bug Fix: Fixed one menu item alignment in Portuguese.
                        Bug Fix: Several texts/fragments (like Yes/No) were not translated.
                        ExtLinks:Added logo/link to Co-Incidental (band of Michel Keijzers)
                        ExtLinks:Added logo/link to PCGrid from KorganizR, a tool for PCG Files for Kronos.
                        ExtLinks:Added logo/link to MailChimps.
                        ExtLinks:Added logo/link to DropBox.
                        ExtLinks:Added logo/link to Core FTP LE.
                        ExtLinks:Added logo/link to KarmaLabs.com
                        Special: Changed special event into 1050+ users (was 850+)

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff, thank you Michel!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome.

Thanks to all who helped me with the necessary information.

Btw ... it has never been tested on a real Korg Trinity ... so if someone finds a problem, please let me know.

This also yields for new features, ideas, donations, remarks etc

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
xavier
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Where is the download link ?

Xavier Miller.
http://www.xaviermiller.be
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Xavier,

On the first page (see the signature in my link), you can read how to receive it, in short: subscribe at http://eepurl.com/u5Hk5

xavier
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I see that, but I don't want to subscribe to mailing lists.

Xavier Miller.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xavier wrote:
Yeah, I see that, but I don't want to subscribe to mailing lists.

Is it that bad? I'm not sending mails often, probably on average one or two a month ... alternately for the application itself and the manual (after updating it).

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG Tools now has an own home page ... just one page yet but possibly in the future I will extend it.

From there all important links are gathered. I still will use FaceBook and KorgForums as discussion threads and announcements.

I will only send newsletters for feature releases (like 1.7, 1.8 etc), and high likely not anymore for manual updates. I will anounce manual updates on social media and on KorgForums.

The website is: http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl/

Also version 1.7.1 is released ... the most important change is the fix of the sort bug ... now everything can be sorted (programs, combis and set lists). You can download the installer via the home page. The password is equal as version 1.7.0 (see the code you received from the Newsletter).

KaRPiN

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: A pity Reply with quote

doesn't work your password ... time wasted.
KaRPiN

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Sorry, it works just fine now ... ty for ur effort !!!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

KaRPiN wrote:
Sorry, it works just fine now ... ty for ur effort !!!

Thanks for the notification that the password works Smile

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm busy with sorting timbres, but due to lack of time and the added complexity it takes more time than expected. I hope to send out a new version next month.

Also, I calculated the total views for all PCG Tools KorgForums threads (where the main thread of course has the most views), and it has reached 100,000 now.

There are more than 1,200 subscribers (with more than 100 new subscribes this month) from more than 50 countries, spreaded among all continents.

Keeping you informed.

Michel

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been quite a long time ago an update of PCG Tools has been released and I want to clearify about this. Due to positive personal changes in my life I will have very less time for continuing the development of PCG Tools.

This does not mean there will not be a new release; however I cannot tell about a time frame. I have a few items that I want to release (such as a new language because the translator did not do his work for nothing), possibly partial support of the new Korg Kross and some bug fixes I already have implemented in my development version.

Also, I will keep answering questions and react to every post/email regarding PCG Tools (ok ... questions about passwords can take a bit longer).

Also, I want to stay active here and within KorgForums.

Please keep discussing PCG Tools here and/or on KorgForums. Also please keep subscribed to the newsletter because when there will be a new release, that will be the way to launch it.

So do not see this email as a goodbye, except a more quiet period. I think that PCG Tools can already do a lot to be useful for years.

If somebody is interested in taking over / continuing implementing please let me know.

Kind regards and thanks for all support so far,

Michel

xavier
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Michel,

I see 2 solutions
- let Korg make and maintain a tool like you do
- put your tool as an open source project

The first solution would be the best solution at long term.
The second need manpower.

At least, post your source code at some place like GitHub or SourceForge, so that developers could participate.

Xavier Miller.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Xavier,

The source code is already available for Korg.

I cannot make it an open source project jet... awaiting for Korg approval.

The reason is that some lines of code may be using NDA information.

Btw, the code is already on Assembla and used by GitHub.
One person has already assigned to check the code ... if others are interested, I gladly help them further.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: