Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just restored my kronos and have a question for KORG

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Just restored my kronos and have a question for KORG Reply with quote

It now says im on system version 1.0.1......

Is this bad? should i be on 1.0.4? or is this good?

Also, i did the "full install" and I still did not solve my sequencer/set list issue.

Im trying not to absolute full restore in hopes this solves the issue assuming that SNG file corrupted my SSD drive.

*Update*

Did the big hancho full restore, still experiencing sequencer/setlist issues. very destructive, very bad... im sorely disappointed.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63636&start=15

please have an answer for me korg. I am running out of sample space here having to resample every sequence i want to play live... please for the love of god give me an answer here!

Now im stuck with a useless sequencer unless OS.1.0.5 fixes this....

praying for an answer here...

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Just restored my kronos and have a question for KORG Reply with quote

robbinhood wrote:
It now says im on system version 1.0.1......

Is this bad? should i be on 1.0.4? or is this good?

Also, i did the "full install" and I still did not solve my sequencer/set list issue.

Im trying not to absolute full restore in hopes this solves the issue assuming that SNG file corrupted my SSD drive.

*Update*

Did the big hancho full restore, still experiencing sequencer/setlist issues. very destructive, very bad... im sorely disappointed.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63636&start=15

please have an answer for me korg. I am running out of sample space here having to resample every sequence i want to play live... please for the love of god give me an answer here!

Now im stuck with a useless sequencer unless OS.1.0.5 fixes this....

praying for an answer here...

I'm sorry that you're having difficulties. I'd suggested talking with your Korg Distributor's product support (Korg USA in your case, I believe).

As a side note, re-installing the software is not recommended except for specific conditions (such as if the KRONOS doesn't start up properly), and when recommended by Korg product support.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Just restored my kronos and have a question for KORG Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
As a side note, re-installing the software is not recommended except for specific conditions ...

- Dan

You serious, Dan? That's quite surprising. Radias does it no problem. T series does it no problem. M3 does it no problem. Triton does it no problem. Trinity does it no problem. OASYS does it no problem.

I know because I've done them all with no detrimental effects whatsoever.

So care to share why it's different for the Kronos?
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Just restored my kronos and have a question for KORG Reply with quote

cello wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
As a side note, re-installing the software is not recommended except for specific conditions ...

- Dan

You serious, Dan? That's quite surprising. Radias does it no problem. T series does it no problem. M3 does it no problem. Triton does it no problem. Trinity does it no problem. OASYS does it no problem.

I didn't say that it was different for the KRONOS, and I'm surprised that you'd be surprised! Smile

On any of the above systems, I would certainly not recommend re-installing the operating system unless absolutely necessary. Same with Macs, iPhones, etc. It's a hassle, has its own risks, and may or may not be a solution to any specific problems.

As far as I can remember, I have never seen a reinstall of an OASYS or KRONOS production system which solved any problem other than not starting up normally. It's not a fix to any other known problem. Regardless of what you may have learned from other computing platforms, it is simply not a helpful thing to do in most cases. Do not do it unless specifically advised to do so by Korg product support personnel.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Just restored my kronos and have a question for KORG Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
cello wrote:
danatkorg wrote:

- Dan

I didn't say that it was different for the KRONOS, and I'm surprised that you'd be surprised! Smile

On any of the above systems, I would certainly not recommend re-installing the operating system unless absolutely necessary. Same with Macs, iPhones, etc. It's a hassle, has its own risks, and may or may not be a solution to any specific problems.

As far as I can remember, I have never seen a reinstall of an OASYS or KRONOS production system which solved any problem other than not starting up normally. It's not a fix to any other known problem. Regardless of what you may have learned from other computing platforms, it is simply not a helpful thing to do in most cases. Do not do it unless specifically advised to do so by Korg product support personnel.

- Dan

For me I did it cause the problem didn't arise until I loaded up a specic sng file. It would screw up no matter what with the hanging notes. Knowing that others could not recreate my problem made me believe my os was screwed up. That's why I reinstalled. Still no luck! to make matters worse I'm on an ancient os.... I'm hopping this is solved soon

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw your video, but I'm confused about it. Why do you need that combi in between the seq and program?
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Just restored my kronos and have a question for KORG Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
cello wrote:
danatkorg wrote:

- Dan

- Dan

My apologies Dan - I mis-read your post! Get where you're coming from now and have to agree/support...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: