Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A fix for sticky keys and clunky B's and C's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hitektodd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This worked for me. Had a couple of clicking Keys when I released notes in the middle of the keypad on my kronos 73. Realized this probably happened when I installed the second SSD drive. No problems now. If you're going to open up the Kronos watch that the keybed doesn't slip when it's upside down. There is nothing holding it in place when the cover is off.
traveler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Thank you guys! Reply with quote

Amazing! THANK YOU GUYS. This post has saved the day for me...
The keyboard in my Kronos 73 was getting sticky at several spots.

Keep on the good work!

T.
johnmanoahs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Thank you!! Sorry for spamming... Reply with quote

Well, unlike most of the others in this thread, I had shipped the Kronos 88 from USA since it wasn't available in India. After 15 days of agonising wait, I finally received it in my hands and lo and behold, it had 4 sticky keys. Initially I was petrified since I cannot ship it back for another $500 and certainly cannot afford to wait for another two months.

I somehow bumped into this thread and reluctantly tried it and viola!!! IT WORKED. Just loosen the screws underneath the keyboard, slide in credit cards to the space between the sticky keys (at the front of the keys). (You may have to be a little hard..that's ok!) - then tighten the screws and remove the cards. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Mark @maphill - thank you! you made my day!!!

(Sorry for spamming, thought it would be helpful for people who cannot afford to ship it back to another country and who are petrified like how I was)

Another useful tip for all Kronos buyers - Please make sure your supplier uses the "spacer card" while packaging. The keyboards are thrown hither tither and jolted up and down during its journey. I personally witnessed the courier guys throwing my Kronos even though it had the "fragile" sticker all over the carton box. Imagine mine came from USA all the way to India with multiple stops in between for almost 7 days!! Any normal thin cardboard sheets would suffice and would save a lot of pain later.
Jon E.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Like many others previously in this thread, thanks for posting this fix! I started to think keys were broken and I needed factory service. Big relief... And yes, I vote this thread be a "sticky," pardon the pun...
Harpernet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg fixed the keybed problem they just didn't fixed the old kronos or x keybed they fixed it & other problems with the all new kronos coming out so if you want a kronos where the problems of the old kronos & x were fixed then you have to buy the new kronos that's what my post which has been locked is all about instead of doing a recall & fixing the problems they decided to sell you a fixed new kronos that does everything nothing more than the old kronos its just got new keybed new motherboard & new ventilation
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpernet wrote:
Korg fixed the keybed problem they just didn't fixed the old kronos or x keybed they fixed it & other problems with the all new kronos coming out so if you want a kronos where the problems of the old kronos & x were fixed then you have to buy the new kronos that's what my post which has been locked is all about instead of doing a recall & fixing the problems they decided to sell you a fixed new kronos that does everything nothing more than the old kronos its just got new keybed new motherboard & new ventilation

I am not sure what this has to do with the keybed moving and causing sticky keys, do you have some proof that the way the keybed is mounted in the latest Kronos is different then?

If not why are you sprouting this same nonsense in various threads on this forum?
Harpernet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it that anytime someone has a problem about the kronos not doing basic operations certain people which if you notice are the same ones that always come to the defense of korg instead of listening to what the people are saying their problem is with the kronos they say things like you should be thankful to even have a kronos that worked for 3 years since it's been out or stop complaining so what if what should work doesn't work for you or this topic should be deleted/locked. It's such a shame
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's because you don't actually report a problem you have, you just make broad statements based on nothing but hearsay. On this forum we have been discussing these issues for a long time and our opinion is generally way more nuanced than the nonsense you're repeating.
Harpernet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a fact not an opinion that lots of people have problems with the keybed, motherboard & fan
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not adding any new or useful information, or any personal experiences. You're basically just saying "Korg sucks!".
Obviously that kind of attitude isn't received well at a forum of Korg enthusiasts. I don't see why this is so surprising to you.

If you have anything to discuss, please join in. You don't seem to, though, you just keep repeating that the Kronos has many faults (of which you've experienced none).
Harpernet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sander my kronos has crashed twice now during live performance I had to reboot I have never had that happen with a keyboard only had that happen years ago with older computer I also have a microkorg xl one of my first keyboards was a korg poly 800 never had problems with It & no I don't have anything against korg other than they decided not to fix the problems people are having with the original kronos/x & market a so called new kronos that's only a fixed version of the original/x kronos it does nothing more but fix the hardware problems that should've been fixed on the original/x
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, now there is an actual issue to address, rather than generalities. Other than my RAM coming unseated because the motherboard was a little loose after transport, my Kronos has never done anything of the sort. I would suggest opening it up (if out of warranty) and making sure the RAM is properly seated. Do you have an X or an upgraded original? If the latter, it's also possible the extra RAM is a little dodgy. My friend upgraded his own RAM and though it seemed within spec, he also had a few reboots before deciding to remove the stick. My Korg upgraded original 88 has never done anything like that, other than when the RAM actually came loose.

This has nothing to do with whether or not Korg launched a new Kronos by the way. Rebooting issues, especially when frequent, need to be handled with a warranty repair. I could certainly not gig multiple times a week with my Kronos as my only board if this were common behavior. It's normal for the X series nor the original series. I don't expect the Kronos 2 to do it either.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper, to add onto what Sander is tactfully saying --

We're here to help offer solutions to specific problems. Of course, forums will also have wish lists, complaints, personal use case scenarios, and other news. It seems like you may be new to forums in general (lack of punctuation, generalized ranting, no evidence of using "search" to find out previous information on common concerns, a general disconnectedness with the tone of the community). I say this as constructive criticism, not harping at you, and hope you use the observations to improve yourself. We're here to help and for the camaraderie.

Having said all that, I believe you may benefit greatly from getting a UPS (uninterruptible power supply). Not only do they keep the power on when it goes out, but good ones also "condition" the incoming electricity so that it's clean and consistent for your Kronos. Your 2 rebooting issues you mentioned above could very well have come from electric spikes or dropouts, as many venues don't have the best of electricity.

Here's a link to some UPS possibilities:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_3?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=ups&sprefix=ups%2Caps%2C313

I have the APC NS 1080 for my home studio, and another APC Back-UPS ES 8 for the practice space and for gigs. The power at both places is unpredictable, and my heart skipped a beat when the power problems caused issues to my Kronos. I feel much better with power protection, and the Kronos has not rebooted by itself since.

I hook up my PC, my USB mixer, active home monitor speakers and Kronos to the UPS. It's great being able to keep on playing when everything else in the house goes dark!
Harpernet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys I'll give it a try
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for a UPS, I got one about two months after getting the Kronos and experiencing a drop out on stage. 2 minutes rebooting suddenly felt like two hours.
I can't say if my K would have had hickups without one but mine has been super stable with one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: