Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drum Track with Program Changes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwp42

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Drum Track with Program Changes? Reply with quote

I would like for the drum track to continue playing without changing pattern or sound while I change between programs in Set List mode during performance. Is there a way to do this?

RwP
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At home in the studio environment, just record a drum track in audio.
Other than that, no.
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i was supprised this wasnt happening either. I thought that smooth transition meant any combi prog etc, didnt know the drums would go off suddenly when changing the sound...i must go back and look at all those example vids showing smooth transition and see what sounds they are moving between.

Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't it make sense? What would be the alternative? To have the drum track go on indefinitely? Then you would get people complaining that they're not getting the new drum track that belongs with the new sound. And if it would switch patterns/kits you would get people complaining that it's not in the right tempo, etc etc...
This is sensible behavior. Don't get me wrong, I'm understanding why you are disappointed with it, it's just that I don't think you are thinking through all the implications of having it not cut off. It's a lot more complicated than you imply.

The SST are great for when you are in a band and need to switch between sounds without it cutting off unnaturally. Drum track doesn't come into it, in that case. Same goes for Karma. They're both really useful production tools at times, but I can't see why you would need them at the same time as the SST, unless you're just jamming.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The alternative is to set up the DT in Combi and then change Programs in there.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
The alternative is to set up the DT in Combi and then change Programs in there.

or could you assign the same drum track to all the programs that you will use (that need that drum track)... then when you switch patches (and switching in tempo should not be a problem since you want the drum track to remain ANYWAY...)

just switch to the new program (that has the same drum track assigned) and in tempo begin to play the new program. the "new" drum track should begin playing, but you don't realize it's a "new" drum track because it's the same track as before just played with the new program (synced in tempo)...

hope that's not confusing.... Confused Confused Confused Confused

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would like for the drum track to continue playing without changing pattern or sound while I change between programs in Set List mode during performance. Is there a way to do this?

I said the same thing. I wish it were a separate "module" of the Kronos. I use the combination mode and then change programs, but it's not the same.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Dan Philips posted something a while back about the ability to to have either KARMA or audio playback continue while switching songs/combis. I can't find the post and can't replicate what I thought he was talking about.

Busch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: