Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

File system

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dclink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: File system Reply with quote

Hello everybody for my first topic ...
I'd like to know the filesystem which USB keys will be formatted for the first time with the Kronos ? Is it a Window or a Linux one ?
How can I transfer an audio record ? By this USB key or by a direct USB connection between the Kronos and the Computer ?

Thanks.
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Forums

The Kronos formats the USB drive as Windows FAT-32, and you need to transfer samples/audio files via your USB drive, as there's no File Data connection between the Kronos and your PC/Mac.

Hope this helps.
dclink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It helps to understand more but the USB key formatted by the Kronos with an audio record inside is not recognized by Win 7 64 (and I suppose that this OS recognize this old FAT format ... normally ...). Thanks.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you clarify that last post a bit. What do you mean by Audio Record? I don't believe you can record from the sequencer onto an external storage device - you'll have to record into the internal HD and then when complete, save that as a song (or All Data). Then - you make a copy / backup of that to the external storage device using the Disk utility copy function.

But the back up is of Kronos files. You should be able to see them as files on a computer - but you cannot use them directly in a DAW session (if that is what you are attempting with your 'audio record'). You could however look inside the backed-up folder and extract the underlying WAV files, but that would be tedious.

So regard external USB storage as backup storage only, and not for audio recording. Anything copied to the USB device using the Kronos Disk utility will be visible on your computer (unles you've unearthed a bug).
dclink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What do you mean by Audio Record? I don't believe you can record from the sequencer onto an external storage device - you'll have to record into the internal HD and then when complete, save that as a song (or All Data). Then - you make a copy / backup of that to the external storage device using the Disk utility copy function.

You are probably right because I don't have the Kronos myself but I saw this question in another website ... But thanks for your answer, it helps better.
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dclink,

I recommend the following:

1. download the manual and have a read.
2. Buy the Kronos
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
jick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPWC wrote:
dclink,

2. Buy the Kronos

LOL
dclink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPWC wrote:
dclink,

2. Buy the Kronos

It was just for helping somebody ... And about buying, I'll see later maybe in 1/2 years Smile
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronik wrote:
Welcome to the Forums

The Kronos formats the USB drive as Windows FAT-32, and you need to transfer samples/audio files via your USB drive, as there's no File Data connection between the Kronos and your PC/Mac.

Hope this helps.

Kronik -

Completely stealing this thread now that it has been answered - how do you find the Yamaha SK30? I've thought of buying one but am not sure. Would be interested in your thoughts on it - what you use it for, what you like, dislike, ...

cheers,
Kevin.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPWC wrote:
dclink,

2. Buy the Kronos

You can eliminate that first step... just buy the Kronos, the manual is contained within the Kronos and can be brought up on the Kronos' screen anytime Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: