Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A NEW TRIGGERING MODE TO PAD TRACKS ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfig

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: A NEW TRIGGERING MODE TO PAD TRACKS ??? Reply with quote

Let´s start with the facts:

- Pad tracks can play loop sequences synchronized with a style, working as extra style tracks;
- All pad tracks can be triggered and stopped manually by dedicated pad buttons;
- Triggered Pad tracks stop automatically, every time a style stops.

An important feature that I think is missing is the ability to trigger pad tracks automatically with the start of a style, as well.
In this way, a pad track could behave as a real extra style track, without us having to press a button in order for it to play.

So, my suggestion for an improvement to include in the next pa3x software upgrade is:

- To create an auto trigger mode in the pad section, that would be set on or off, individually, for each pad track and by style element.
This new feature could be achieved with a new page in the Pad Section of the MENU.

Note: Pad buttons would be able to override this setting at any time, making it possible to stop or retrigger each pad track manually, at least until another style element (with auto trigger mode) was selected to play, restoring the pad track to its auto trigger state.

Example: We could set Pad1 to be automatically triggered in variations B and D. So, in the other style elements (variations, fills, …) that pad track would only play if it was triggered by the respective pad button. The other pad tracks could be set auto or manual for any other (or the same) style elements.

These new settings should be saved, with the already existing pad settings, in the Style Setup or in a SongBook entry.

What do you think?
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: A NEW TRIGGERING MODE TO PAD TRACKS ??? Reply with quote

dfig wrote:

What do you think?

It's a great idea, but I had already suggested it for PA800/PA2x few years ago. I thought that would be very cool , espeicially if you deal with a busy arrangement. I remember, in the manual Korg had suggested not to use pads if you're running a busy style already. Maybe, they figured that would put too much stress on the keyboard and it might no able to handle the busy style tracks and pad tracks in real time. I do NOT know , if PA3x has got more horse power to able to handle extras with ease now? If that's not a concern anymore, I would totally love to have Pads be associated with style tracks the way you mentioned. Maybe Mr. Trammoni could make a comment on this?

pemaleso

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: