Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 88 and RH3 keyboard faulty
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vEddY wrote:
GregC wrote:

Lets review your words:
" Everything's a bit "shady", there's no open-minded communication with their customers."
"If they take full responsibility for that, in an open and honest way. Which is not what KORG did. "
sounds negative to me. Keep digging yourself deeper.
Try being classy.

Let's review yours.

Some of the negative and untruthful ones, spitting on people:

"You have done nothing for your reputation with your weird accusations, poor choice of phrases and negative harping on an issue that is mostly history.
Its always nice to hear from the Kurzweil cult.
If you were that good, you would not have to resort to being negative.
Why you are doing it is weird. Its clear who the troll is. Maybe you have an agenda."

Even the positive ones are just plain chiming on the tubular fanboy bell disconnected from reality of customers.
"Nothing new here. Companies have been cutting corners the past 15 years in an effort to survive. Yes, I know, non korg fan boys, u don' t care about korg economics. Don't expect your keyboard to last 15-20 yrs. those days are gone.
You are lucky to have access to a $3000 state of the art workstation."

What I said is true. What you said are just plain insults. Either to specific people, or for people that suffered because of the keybed issue. Sorry if you can't see the difference.

Also, here are two quotes from other topics, from you, just to see how far your hypocrisy goes:

- nothing about any editor in sight so far at Namm (this is REALLY becoming VERY annoying).
- I woudn't be surprised, if it was already hard for Rich, to be allowed to post at least this minimal, and in fact not at all satisafactory, statement, leaving too many questions unanswered

So, you're allowed to be negative=objectively criticize something, and you're allowed to think that their handling of the problem is in fact not at all satisfactory, leaving too many questions unanswered, but I am not allowed to say the very same thing?

Very zen of you.

On that note, EOD as far as I'm concerned.

LOL, " spitting on people". You enjoy " re characterizing " .

And thats not negative of you, right.

Of course, in your mind, you are the fair one. You are constantly trying to explain yourself.

I did not see any useful value of your initial ' rehash post'
or your subsequent posts.

Perhaps you believe your 'opinions ' about the Kronos history are something special.
Kim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
vEddY wrote:
GregC wrote:

Lets review your words:
" Everything's a bit "shady", there's no open-minded communication with their customers."
"If they take full responsibility for that, in an open and honest way. Which is not what KORG did. "
sounds negative to me. Keep digging yourself deeper.
Try being classy.

Let's review yours.

Some of the negative and untruthful ones, spitting on people:

"You have done nothing for your reputation with your weird accusations, poor choice of phrases and negative harping on an issue that is mostly history.
Its always nice to hear from the Kurzweil cult.
If you were that good, you would not have to resort to being negative.
Why you are doing it is weird. Its clear who the troll is. Maybe you have an agenda."

Even the positive ones are just plain chiming on the tubular fanboy bell disconnected from reality of customers.
"Nothing new here. Companies have been cutting corners the past 15 years in an effort to survive. Yes, I know, non korg fan boys, u don' t care about korg economics. Don't expect your keyboard to last 15-20 yrs. those days are gone.
You are lucky to have access to a $3000 state of the art workstation."

What I said is true. What you said are just plain insults. Either to specific people, or for people that suffered because of the keybed issue. Sorry if you can't see the difference.

Also, here are two quotes from other topics, from you, just to see how far your hypocrisy goes:

- nothing about any editor in sight so far at Namm (this is REALLY becoming VERY annoying).
- I woudn't be surprised, if it was already hard for Rich, to be allowed to post at least this minimal, and in fact not at all satisafactory, statement, leaving too many questions unanswered

So, you're allowed to be negative=objectively criticize something, and you're allowed to think that their handling of the problem is in fact not at all satisfactory, leaving too many questions unanswered, but I am not allowed to say the very same thing?

Very zen of you.

On that note, EOD as far as I'm concerned.

LOL, " spitting on people". You enjoy " re characterizing " .

And thats not negative of you, right.

Of course, in your mind, you are the fair one. You are constantly trying to explain yourself.

I did not see any useful value of your initial ' rehash post'
or your subsequent posts.

Perhaps you believe your 'opinions ' about the Kronos history are something special.

Could you both please just stop this? Your debate is not going anywhere. Points were made and that's that.

For GregC: I hope you really don't think that professional gear such as the Kronos are made to last 2-3 years, and then exchanged for something new. We are talking about musical instruments here, not cell phones or computers.

For a company to thrive, it's always best to develop something that will turn into a classic. Something like the Playstation or iPhone. I chose these two examples, because unlike many other consumer products, it's not so much about the HARDWARE, but about building an ecosystem that keeps consumers buying new software add ons and developing stuff on their own. Especially the Playstation has had very long life spans. Something like 6-8 years. So the platform stays the same and the real winnings are made of software. Just like Korg has announced new sounds and perhaps some day even new tone generators for the Kronos. And users make sounds of their own and share them through the internet. I believe, that the Kronos will go in history as one of the first synthesizers that has ever built a viable ecosystem between musicians.

So Korg is doing something very right at the moment. However, they almost blew it because of sloppy quality control and bad communication with their customers. The biggest problems are now gone, and now we can focus on what new things Korg has up their sleeves. For the sake of a strong Kronos community, let's give them a chance for redemption. The Kronos is an awesome synthesizer, in fact better than anything else out there at the moment. I wish it a long lifespan and that this product will give the competition a reason to sweat at their drawing boards to come up with something even better (I bet this will take another year).

And let's hope, that Korg has learned of it's mistakes. Cutting corners is ok for shitty HP Deskjet printers, but not on professional items such as DSLR's, 3000 euro synthesizers or (God forbid) medical equipment. There is a clear line to be kept, and let's make sure Korg will never cross it again.
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't understand why people are still arguing about this. Korg have announced a fix and are doing their best to resolve the situation so there really is no need to continue this. If people are not happy with the fix offered by Korg then I strongly suggest that you contact Korg directly with your concerns.

To expect Korg to replace the keybeds in the keyboards that are not faulty is a ludicrous idea. Companies will always repair a product with a part of equal or greater value when the original part is either not available or faulty. It's the way it works and it's the way it will always work. About 5 years ago my old PC stopped working. It was under warranty so I sent it off to be repaired. When I sent my PC off it had a 300gb hard drive. When it returned it had a 400gb hard drive. Obviously I was chuffed but does that mean that every person who bought the same computer as me but hasn't had any problems with it should also be entitled to an extra 100gb upgrade?

I used to work for a mobile phone company and there was an issue with a particular phone. Often the phone would be replaced but the problem would still be there. Because of the ongoing problem we were advised that if customers had recurring problems then we were allowed to exchange their phone for another model if they so wished. Does that mean that other customers with the same phone who don't experience any problems should also have the chance of replacing their phone? No it doesn't. It's just the way it works and it's the way it will always work.

I think we all agree that Korg haven't handled this situation in the best way but now that it has been resolved that really should be the end of it.

To start calling other members "senseless pricks" is completely uncalled for and it will not be tolerated.

I have lost count of the amount of times that myself and Sharp have posted in this thread asking people to stop arguing and yet it still continues.

Because of this, I'm closing this post again. I will be discussing this with the other mods and we will decide when or if this post should be reopened.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to remove the sticky pin from this topic....
Thread also locked as it is an embarrassment towards the end.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110
Page 110 of 110

Jump to: