Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

control pedals
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
awake21

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: control pedals Reply with quote

how can i have the same set up for pedals, like jordan rudess?
he has 4 pedal, one damper, one program change, and two for effects, but this machin has only three connectors.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure he is using one (or more?) MIDI merge devices.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a guess... but there's 4 assignable audio out jacks (in addtion to the main l/r outs). Any of those could be routed into an effects pedal/box prior to going to an external mixer.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would expect the effect pedals were input MIDI CC pedals (but that was my possibly wrong assumption).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a question that has bothered me. I use a volume pedal, sustain, and one to change the leslie speed for my Hammond emulations. I also want to be able to do program changes. Is there such a thing as a midi pedal that will do program advance? Either that or a midi pedal that will change my leslie speed.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using a Behringer FCB1010; you can get them for about 100 euro second hand.

It has about 12 switches and 2 pedals and you can send CC changes (or notes).

I use one pedal for volume, one as ribbon controller but I also can change it with one of the switches to aftertouch (my M50 has no).

Also, one switch is for leslie slow/fast (assigned to sw 2), one switch to leslie on/off (seldom use it), one to overdrive on (effect), one for portamento on/off, one for sustan and 3 are not used (yet).

You can set them to fixed (absolute) program changes (you have 10 banks of 10 'settings').

You can do program up, but I never managed to assign one switch to Program up and another to Program down. If somebody knows how I am really interested.

jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michelkeijzers. I'll see if I can find anybody here in Canada who has experience with one. It sounds like a good idea. This is a midi controller pedal?
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
Thanks Michelkeijzers. I'll see if I can find anybody here in Canada who has experience with one. It sounds like a good idea. This is a midi controller pedal?

Yes it's a MIDI pedal, and it has also two 'normal' switches (I don't use them yet).

Programming is a hell, however there are a few nice tools. Also you can get a new EPROM (costs about $10 or so) which gives you some more possibilities.

McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:

I have two and both have the UNO mods. It's also already programmed. I'd be willing to sell one if you're interested.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I saw those Behringers was at a dutch band where all guitarists where using them but they are very suitable for keyboardists too ... small disadvantage is you cannot have spider like stand because they do not fit under it.

BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller running to the MIDI in of my K61 to give me an extra pedal input.
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
jeremykeys wrote:

I have two and both have the UNO mods. It's also already programmed. I'd be willing to sell one if you're interested.

Man that thing is awesome, but way more than I need. Hope I could find one with maybe just 2-4 switches on it and then 1 expression pedal.
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait until my Kronos arrives. I've got a Korg damper and a Ps1 ready for program change duties. Smile
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkFloydDudi wrote:
McHale wrote:
jeremykeys wrote:

Man that thing is awesome, but way more than I need. Hope I could find one with maybe just 2-4 switches on it and then 1 expression pedal.

And even with this 'awesome thing', I cannot get one switch programmed to program (or combi/set list slot) UP and another one to DOWN ... if someone knows who ... I gladly would like to hear it.

panrixx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a mechanical engineer but electrical things I'm a bit fuzzy on. I have mine working off a switch pedal for program UP. To reverse that (i.e. program DOWN) I think the polarity would need switching from Negative to Positive. How that is done quickly and easily I'm not sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: