Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem keyboards and associated serial number ranges
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

If your Kronos has/had a fault, which serial number band does it lie within?
0-300
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
301-600
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
601-900
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
901-1200
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
1201-1500
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1501-1800
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
1801-2100
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
2101-2400
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

panrixx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Problem keyboards and associated serial number ranges Reply with quote

It seems a number of members are having problems with their new Kronos but many are very happy with theirs. So, I wondered if we could identify if the problems are across the whole production number so far, or are they batch (serial numbers) specific.

The combinations required to cover all eventualities would be too much for a simply poll so I have had to generalise to start with. I have kept things serial number specific but, obviously, a more detailed breakdown would include the number of keys (61,73 etc) and the problem type (keybed, fan noise etc).

I believe the fan noise situation is largely a matter of personal sensitivity/tolerance. So, unless the fan noise is obviously unbearable I would suggest this be ignored within this particular poll. I'll leave that to your discretion.

Finally, if you had a fault but it has now been repaired/fixed can you include yourself in the poll. This would help identify specific batch problems.

P.S. Fortunately, my K88 is fine. So, I am conducting this poll for the benefit of other members, not myself.

29th September Update

I have started another thread, asking for more specific details, so that a fuller analysis can be undertaken. The restriction on Poll Slots only allows a superficial breakdown here.

The new thread is here

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=65475

Last edited by panrixx on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
curvebender
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just about to make a similar poll, but you beat me to it. Very Happy

K61, Sweden.

Last edited by curvebender on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
panrixx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who polls can add their origin (UK, USA, Holland etc) in the thread posts. This may also build up a picture.
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have added an option for "not faulty", and which range you fall in.

If 50 people answer your poll and 45 of them have keyboards in the range of 0-300 for serial #, it will look disproportionate compared to what the actual results would be.

With the option for "not faulty" (and which range you are in), you can see the total number of respondants and then get a % of faulty given the responses.
panrixx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkFloydDudi wrote:
With the option for "not faulty" (and which range you are in), you can see the total number of respondants and then get a % of faulty given the responses.
Yes, that's a good point but, unfortunately, I already had to adjust my ranges because there is a limit on the number of poll slots.

I wanted the ranges 0-250, 251-500 etc but was informed I could not post that many slots. That's why I had to restict to serial number ranges. Ideally, the results could also have been split into 61, 73 and 88 key categories.

To get the number of happy Kronos owners we would have to set another poll with the same ranges but a slightly different question. I'm not sure Sharp would want a multitude of polls on this subject.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine (73) is in the 6 hundreds, and I don't see anyting wrong with it so far. (cross fingers)
panrixx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is an 88, is also in the 6 hundreds, and I don't see anyting wrong with it so far either.
zzz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's an 88, no.878, and is fine, it must have been a large shipment to the uk, because I think I got hold of it at the same time as Panrixx - mid Sept. It plays beautifully, and sounds great.
panrixx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, so far only nine members have registered having a problem. Maybe, more will come in this evening (UK/Europe) due to time differences across the world.
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
Well, so far only nine members have registered having a problem. Maybe, more will come in this evening (UK/Europe) due to time differences across the world.

Wonder if Sharp can make a poll with more options?
Bach42t

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine 73 is #168. No problems whatsoever.
panrixx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkFloydDudi wrote:
panrixx wrote:

Wonder if Sharp can make a poll with more options?
My thinking is that a more detailed poll could be useful if the problems are restricted to a relatively small range. That way the poll slots needed would'nt be too many.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One problem with your poll is the fact that the same serial number appears in each of the models.

Korg considers these separate products, so the 61 has its set of serial numbers (starting at 1), the 73 its own set (starting at 1) and the 88 its own set (starting at 1). Therefore, you could have a 61 S/N 0015 that was fine, a 73 S/N 15 that was faulty, etc.

Also, most likely these keyboards are built in batches, e.g. a run of 61s, a run of 73s.

I think you need to have 3 sets of S/N ranges, one for each model.

Realistically I don't think you will get much out of this poll, given it assumes the problems are due to the human component of manufacturing. Some problems may be due to faulty parts, which would probably not have any relationship to the main S/N.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
Phabius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My K61 is sn 000095 and has no problems. (fingers crossed x2)
Korg MS-20 Kit, Korg MS-20 mini, Korg KingKorg, Korg Volca Series (Beats, Bass, Keys), Korg Kronos 61, Korg X50, Korg Triton Extreme 76 (96MB RAM, MOSS), Korg MS2000B, Korg monotron series (classic, duo, delay), Korg monotribe, Kawai K5000W, Nord Stage 88, Nord Electro 2, Nord Modular G2X, Nord Lead 3, Novation X-Station, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air

www.removesilence.com
panrixx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
One problem with your poll is the fact that the same serial number appears in each of the models.

Korg considers these separate products, so the 61 has its set of serial numbers (starting at 1), the 73 its own set (starting at 1) and the 88 its own set (starting at 1). Therefore, you could have a 61 S/N 0015 that was fine, a 73 S/N 15 that was faulty, etc.

Also, most likely these keyboards are built in batches, e.g. a run of 61s, a run of 73s.

I think you need to have 3 sets of S/N ranges, one for each model.

Realistically I don't think you will get much out of this poll, given it assumes the problems are due to the human component of manufacturing. Some problems may be due to faulty parts, which would probably not have any relationship to the main S/N.
Yes, I read a post about Korg having the same serial numbers in each case for the different models, but not until after I had posted this poll Embarassed

If you see my reply to PinkFloydDudi's post you will see that extensive polls are not possible due to restrictions in poll slots. To break it down into each model would require far more slots than this site allows. This poll was aimed at getting a feel for the problems posted. If it turns out that most problems are confined to a certain serial number range then maybe a seperate poll could break things down into more detail.

Currently the number of polled problems is not very high, with the majority confined to earlier serial numbers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: