Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Performance with IntC063 (Mountain Voices) + Grand Piano
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Performance with IntC063 (Mountain Voices) + Grand Piano Reply with quote

This performance shows off a few things for the Kronos, including the awesome Grand Piano D, an amazing patch (IntC063 "Mountain Voices"), a drum track, and how they all sound together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_n-Kygwi8w

I was just messing around with different patches when the "Mountain Voices" patch inspired me to come up with this.
keyplayer14

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is nice, and that vocal patch is indeed lovely, I lost a chunk of time playing it the other night!
On a more worrying note, I think your K is demonstrating the note muting issue that's being talked about elsewhere - I'm sure I can hear it in the chord at 0.33 for example.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice piece there - I enjoyed listening to it Smile

Nice too that you're enjoying an OASYS patch Wink
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goose bumps. Love it .
You just gave enough of that vocal. Didn't over do it, which is tempting with that sort of beautiful sound.
Well done chuck .

Omg do I need my Kronos to arrive now Mad
StudioF

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great track
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keyplayer14 wrote:
This is nice, and that vocal patch is indeed lovely, I lost a chunk of time playing it the other night!
On a more worrying note, I think your K is demonstrating the note muting issue that's being talked about elsewhere - I'm sure I can hear it in the chord at 0.33 for example.

Thanks for the positive comment!
I can see where you'd think there's a note muting issue at 0.33 but I'm not exactly sure if that's it... it may have been the way I played it... but I'll definitely be watching for that possible malfunction. Its one thing to wait for initial delivery of the Kronos, quite a different game if it has to be sent in for a "fix"... that would not be cool at all Confused
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
Nice piece there - I enjoyed listening to it Smile

Nice too that you're enjoying an OASYS patch Wink

Thanks! Didn't know that was an OASYS patch, but the more I'm learning about the OASYS the more I'm liking it! I was impressed with the OASYS piano too, but didn't use it in this particular song.

runningman67 wrote:
Goose bumps. Love it .
You just gave enough of that vocal. Didn't over do it, which is tempting with that sort of beautiful sound.
Well done chuck .

It was very tempting to over do that vocal patch... but many times in music, less is better! Glad you liked it Razz

StudioF wrote:
great track

Razz
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice easy video/tune Chuck, well done.
Just curious from the video how you a are recording? I didn't see the sequencer on screen as you were playing.
Were you playing into a daw via audio tracks? Thanks.
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha...i LOVE that combi!
Great job Chuck.

I remember toying around with that sound and being like "oh this is pretty cool"...without realizing there was more to it with different velocities (for those that don't have the kronos or oasys, if you push semi-hard it triggers the voice you hear).

When I did it I was like OH WOW!!!! Then proceeded to space out and jam for like 30 min on it.

Although to note what another poster said - I overused it a ton cause it was so cool sounding.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
Just curious from the video how you a are recording? I didn't see the sequencer on screen as you were playing.

I recorded each track (two of them) live into Video Editing software (similar to sequencing software, but it handles both video and audio tracks). I'd use the Kronos' sequencer, but each audio track needs to line up with all the video tracks associated with it.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkFloydDudi wrote:
Haha...i LOVE that combi!
Great job Chuck.

I remember toying around with that sound and being like "oh this is pretty cool"...without realizing there was more to it with different velocities (for those that don't have the kronos or oasys, if you push semi-hard it triggers the voice you hear).

When I did it I was like OH WOW!!!! Then proceeded to space out and jam for like 30 min on it.

Although to note what another poster said - I overused it a ton cause it was so cool sounding.

I can definitely relate to that... I spaced out and jammed on that vocal patch for quite a while too... enough to be satisfied with it before starting to actually record Wink
zzz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one Chuck, keep 'em coming.
medusaland

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Performance with IntC063 (Mountain Voices) + Grand Piano Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
This performance shows off a few things for the Kronos, including the awesome Grand Piano D, an amazing patch (IntC063 "Mountain Voices"), a drum track, and how they all sound together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_n-Kygwi8w

I was just messing around with different patches when the "Mountain Voices" patch inspired me to come up with this.

Like it Very Happy

http://www.karo-sounds.com
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
Lou wrote:

I recorded each track (two of them) live into Video Editing software (similar to sequencing software, but it handles both video and audio tracks). I'd use the Kronos' sequencer, but each audio track needs to line up with all the video tracks associated with it.

Just curious, but if you were to sample the sequenced tracks in Kronos and have one file, would you have been able to use this file in your video software?
I don't understand why you would require multiple files? (Just trying to get a grip on your procedure) thanks!
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
PianoManChuck wrote:
Lou wrote:

Just curious, but if you were to sample the sequenced tracks in Kronos and have one file, would you have been able to use this file in your video software?
I don't understand why you would require multiple files? (Just trying to get a grip on your procedure) thanks!

He has multiple video tracks...each video track has its own audio track to go with it.

Since the videos don't exactly match up, you can't just use 1 audio track. You could, but it would likely not sync up well at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: