Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

midi channel 1Gh
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chri

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: midi channel 1Gh Reply with quote

Hi, i have a kronos 61 + master keyboard sl 990. I'm trying to set a combi with a piano on midi channel 1 that i control with the master key and strings on channel 2. The master key play the piano sound correctly but the kronos play strings + piano. What can i do to exclude the piano sound from the kronos keyboard? I cannot change the midi channel because the studiologic sl 990 trasmit the sustain pedal only on channel 1.
madbeatzyo111

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about copying the combi into seq mode as a song? That way you can manually select whichever track you want the Kronos to play, while the stuidologic will always play whatever track corresponds to its MIDI channel (1 in your case).
Qtipcore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into global mode,
and change the Global midi ch to something other than 1.
Should work as expected after that. Smile
keego

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use combi mode midi filter set the first to channel to midi channel 2 the second to channel 1. make sure the first channel with the strings us highlighted in the combi.

Previous:
Korg:X5D,Wavestation, N364, Trinity,Triton Classic,Triton Studio, Korg M3 61 w/ EXB-Radias
Ensoniq:TS12, SD1, ASR10
Roland:XP10, JD-800, Roland XV88, A90ex
Kurzweil:K2500RS, K2661, PC3
Nord: Electro 3
keego

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use combi mode. Channel 1 for piano. Channel 2 for strings. don't forget to copy effects across too.

Previous:
Korg:X5D,Wavestation, N364, Trinity,Triton Classic,Triton Studio, Korg M3 61 w/ EXB-Radias
chri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qtipcore wrote:
Go into global mode,
and change the Global midi ch to something other than 1.
Should work as expected after that. Smile

Doesn't work!!! the channel 1 still play on my kronos!
chri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madbeatzyo111 wrote:
How about copying the combi into seq mode as a song? That way you can manually select whichever track you want the Kronos to play, while the stuidologic will always play whatever track corresponds to its MIDI channel (1 in your case).

I need all the effects for each program and it would be difficult with a song i think. And sometimes i need to play a cobi with piano on my master.
chri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keego wrote:
Use combi mode midi filter set the first to channel to midi channel 2 the second to channel 1. make sure the first channel with the strings us highlighted in the combi.

? in filter page there isn't midi channel settings!
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: midi channel 1Gh Reply with quote

chri wrote:
Hi, i have a kronos 61 + master keyboard sl 990. I'm trying to set a combi with a piano on midi channel 1 that i control with the master key and strings on channel 2. The master key play the piano sound correctly but the kronos play strings + piano. What can i do to exclude the piano sound from the kronos keyboard? I cannot change the midi channel because the studiologic sl 990 trasmit the sustain pedal only on channel 1.

SL990 is set to Midi Channel 1; Is the Kronos set in Global Mode to Midi Channel 2?
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
chri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: midi channel 1Gh Reply with quote

phattbuzz wrote:
chri wrote:

SL990 is set to Midi Channel 1; Is the Kronos set in Global Mode to Midi Channel 2?

yes
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you need to have the sustain pedal in the SL990? You could plug it into the Kronos, then you wouldn't be restricted on the MIDI channel output of the SL.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
chri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesn't work! is there something that i do wrong?
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go in to Timber Parameter in combi mode on the patch you're playing. Check to make sure that Midi Channel 2 is only set for your string patch.
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you started with a blank combi and have selected channel 1 & 2 with your sounds, then the other 14 channels no doubt have the default piano.
In Timbre Parameter, turn them OFF and see if that does it..
keego

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can change the midi channel for each track in vombi mode. whate. you change these using the timbre parameters tab then in the midi sub tab all the midi channels for each individual track are displayed. you change the channel here this is how you play multi timbral.ver is highlighted on kronos will play on kronos

Previous:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: