Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AL-1 portamento bug?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: AL-1 portamento bug? Reply with quote

Anyone notice programming the AL-1 That portamento gets turned on even though it's not enabled?

I made a patch to emulate part of a patch I had on another synth, and I noticed it had a portamento sound to it. I went into the AL-1 Patch, clicked on "Enable" under portamento and then unchecked it (It's original state) and then it went away!

There are other glitchy things (Like odd double triggering and audible latency when playing/editing a patch in different engines) I notice when digging in, but this is the most concrete example I have so far.

Is this a known bug, or has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks.
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had that happen, but I have copied programs into combis and suddenly the portamento is ON. Hopefully 1.5 fixes all of these problems.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: AL-1 portamento bug? Reply with quote

NuSkoolTone wrote:
Anyone notice programming the AL-1 That portamento gets turned on even though it's not enabled?

I made a patch to emulate part of a patch I had on another synth, and I noticed it had a portamento sound to it. I went into the AL-1 Patch, clicked on "Enable" under portamento and then unchecked it (It's original state) and then it went away!

There are other glitchy things (Like odd double triggering and audible latency when playing/editing a patch in different engines) I notice when digging in, but this is the most concrete example I have so far.

Is this a known bug, or has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks.

Remember that stuff like portamento has been around for years in the OASYS, and while bugs are always possible, they're quite unlikely. Various things can turn portamento on and off or change portamento time, including CCs from external sources, built-in switches (SW1/2 can be assigned to CC65), built-in knobs (assigned to CC5), Combi and Song settings etc.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: AL-1 portamento bug? Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:

Remember that stuff like portamento has been around for years in the OASYS, and while bugs are always possible, they're quite unlikely. Various things can turn portamento on and off or change portamento time, including CCs from external sources, built-in switches (SW1/2 can be assigned to CC65), built-in knobs (assigned to CC5), Combi and Song settings etc.

Right, this is why I was surprised. There are no devices connected to the Kronos. It was simply checking out a program at the program level. If it crops up again, I'll try to do some other tests to ensure I reset any possible modifiers that may have triggered it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: