Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prgm change question in setlist

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Prgm change question in setlist Reply with quote

Everytime I select a new slot in the setlist, a prgrm change is being sent according to the slot number. Slot 1 is pc 1, slot 2 is pc 2, etc...

Is it being sent on the global channel? If yes is there anyway I can override this feature? In combi mode (timber), I'm assigning Track 1 status to EXT, so I have no internal sound; and while in combi mode, dialing in a combi # sends the appropriate pc number according to what was dialed in. I can jump from patch 1 to say patch 4 on my sound module by dialing Combi 001 (enter) or Combi 004(enter).

But when I'm assigning these combi to a setlist slot, even If slot 1 as combi #4, it sends a pc 1 instead of pc 4 like it does while in combi mode.

A little confuse here.

PS In my sound module, I tried changing rec channel to 15, and in timber setting, track one to EXP and channel 15, but then the combis aren't sending any prgm change. Like if prgm change was only sent from the global channel.
GiantSonicRobot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is it being sent on the global channel? If yes is there anyway I can override this feature? In combi mode (timber), I'm assigning Track 1 status to EXT, so I have no internal sound; and while in combi mode, dialing in a combi # sends the appropriate pc number according to what was dialed in. I can jump from patch 1 to say patch 4 on my sound module by dialing Combi 001 (enter) or Combi 004(enter).

Yes, Setlist Mode does send its program change messages on the global channel. I haven't found a way to override this yet. So it seems like you need to set up your external devices so that they don't receive on that channel.

Anyway, I can definitely say that what you want to accomplish is possible. I have it set up very similar to the way you describe, with one difference: I use EX2 instead of EXT for the timbres which are supposed to send a program change. Only EX2 lets you specify custom Bank Select (Bank Select LSB and MSB) parameters.

For me this also works in Setlist Mode. First, the program changes corresponding to the slot's position within the setlist get sent on the global channel. Then, my custom bank/program change messages get sent on their respective channel(s).
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input GiantSonicRobot.

I found out what I was doing wrong. It was another of my newbish issues:

In each combi, in Track 1, I have to increment the program no as well. Combi 1=Prgm1, Combi 2=Prgm 2, and so on....

I had German Piano on each of them.

Now it's working like a charm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: