Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sampling/Recording WAV file - So much difference on PC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eeeeee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Sampling/Recording WAV file - So much difference on PC Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Happy so many people being around. Got my 73 this September. After about 1 month I wrote my 1st song involving Karma and 7 different sounds that I was happy with and even amazed by the power of this machine. Then I tried to record it as a WAV file using sequencer and I got it with no problem, then copied it to flash USB, then put/played it to Media Player on my PC.
I'm really sad about the difference of the sound between what the Kronos showed me itself thru the amplifier and the WAV sound played on my PC/player, i.e:

1. Some separate sounds/melodies are much louder or softer than original Kronos played
2. Some are only heard left or right (that were stereo originally), or slightly moved to the left or right (i.e. not in the center)
3. Timber is different (sharper or softer than original) etc.

In other words, I had to tune the Timber/Track, SFX, sliders and balance several times to have the sound approx I need for the WAV-song to be duly played on the PC as it was played by the KRONOS (but I didn't succeed to have the same sounds that were played by KRONOS itself). And I still don't have what I need - see above.
The main problem is that I have to fix/tune midi tracks to make them sound bad played by the Kronos in order to have the rusult I need in the WAV file. It seems awful to me.

Am I alone here with this kind of issue or maybe someone can help me or at least give an idea. It's a really far cry. Should we wait for an update 1.5 first? Is it normal?

I think that what we play and what we record after must be the same sound entirely.

thanks for your help

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Korgstream

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeeeee, when you hearing a wav file from Kronos through amp and monitor, you hear not only wav file itself, but sound combination Kronos DA converter + frequency color your amp + frequency color your monitor.
Of course, you computer will get you different result. It depends by your sound card and monitor.
philmagnotta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Sampling/Recording WAV file - So much difference on PC Reply with quote

eeeeee wrote:
Hi folks,

Happy so many people being around. Got my 73 this September. After about 1 month I wrote my 1st song involving Karma and 7 different sounds that I was happy with and even amazed by the power of this machine. Then I tried to record it as a WAV file using sequencer and I got it with no problem, then copied it to flash USB, then put/played it to Media Player on my PC.
I'm really sad about the difference of the sound between what the Kronos showed me itself thru the amplifier and the WAV sound played on my PC/player, i.e:

1. Some separate sounds/melodies are much louder or softer than original Kronos played
2. Some are only heard left or right (that were stereo originally), or slightly moved to the left or right (i.e. not in the center)
3. Timber is different (sharper or softer than original) etc.

In other words, I had to tune the Timber/Track, SFX, sliders and balance several times to have the sound approx I need for the WAV-song to be duly played on the PC as it was played by the KRONOS (but I didn't succeed to have the same sounds that were played by KRONOS itself). And I still don't have what I need - see above.
The main problem is that I have to fix/tune midi tracks to make them sound bad played by the Kronos in order to have the rusult I need in the WAV file. It seems awful to me.

Am I alone here with this kind of issue or maybe someone can help me or at least give an idea. It's a really far cry. Should we wait for an update 1.5 first? Is it normal?

I think that what we play and what we record after must be the same sound entirely.

thanks for your help

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Maybe I can help or at least point to the problem.
First, please list exactly and in order what the K is connect to.
Appears you are on Windows, which OS?
Do you use a sound card, what type?
Then I'll reply.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this done using BOUNCE TO DISK? I've done them and the output is virtually indistinguishable from the original, as you would expect.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
Andy Leary
Korg Research and Development

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Bounce To Disk will give you the same bits that the Kronos is sending out to the DAC. Try playing the WAV file on the Kronos to see if the WAV file sounds the same as just playing the sequence. (In Disk mode, select the WAV file and press the green play button.) You should also be able to use the Kronos as your USB audio device. That might help you figure out if your issue is with the WAV file, the audio playback program on your computer, the sound card / interface, etc.

What you are describing is not normal and I don't think v 1.5 will change anything in this regard.

Start with a simple case and make sure that works.
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these are signs of midi file song rather than a bounced to disk wave file.

it looks like you r getting the midi song from flash and playing back that in media player and recording it as wav....... is tbis correct?
eeeeee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Thank you so much Reply with quote

I've fixed this problem with your help. Now I'd like to share with you this song :
https://rapidshare.com/files/2335272636/SADA-AUTUMN.mp3

thanks, SADA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: