Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Backtracks in kronos. Help pls.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rskeys

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Backtracks in kronos. Help pls. Reply with quote

Hello, i use lots of backtraks with my trio and i would like to know if there is a way to one backtrack and still be able to cycle through sounds while its playing.

I apologise if this was discussed already but without "seach function" one can be buried in posts and never find what it's looking for, pls bear with me...

Thank you.

Ricardo
Knightshift

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, in sequencer and set list mode. Create a sequence and load the backing track audio file. Then crate every sound you need in this song (e.g. load different programs to different midi tracks) and use a different midi-channel for every sound. Fox example: track 1 = organ on channel 1, track 2 = piano on ch 2 and track 3 strings on ch 2. Now go to setlist mode and load the same song in 2 different slots. There you can specify which track should be played on the keyboard. On slot 1 select track 1, on slot 2 select track 2.

While the sequence plays the backing audio file, you can now switch between the organ sound and the layered piano&strings sound without interruption by selecting slot 1 or 2.

I wrote this from mind, so I hope everything I described is correct. If you need further help, I will explain more detailed when sitting in front if my KRONOS.
Rskeys

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Backtracks in kronos. Help pls. Reply with quote

Tnx for your help.

I tried that route, but i have got a problem:

-Create slots
-In the first i let chanel 1 on
-Int he second i choose channel 2

The problem is that the changes i do dont get memorised, do i have to save the setlist every time i do a change or m i missing something else?

Thanks.

Ricardo
Phabius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, select Write Set List from the Page Menu in Set List mode. And, save your PCG file to disk for backup as well.
Korg MS-20 Kit, Korg MS-20 mini, Korg KingKorg, Korg Volca Series (Beats, Bass, Keys), Korg Kronos 61, Korg X50, Korg Triton Extreme 76 (96MB RAM, MOSS), Korg MS2000B, Korg monotron series (classic, duo, delay), Korg monotribe, Kawai K5000W, Nord Stage 88, Nord Electro 2, Nord Modular G2X, Nord Lead 3, Novation X-Station, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air

www.removesilence.com
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Backtracks in kronos. Help pls. Reply with quote

Rskeys wrote:
Tnx for your help.

I tried that route, but i have got a problem:

-Create slots
-In the first i let chanel 1 on
-Int he second i choose channel 2

The problem is that the changes i do dont get memorised, do i have to save the setlist every time i do a change or m i missing something else?

Thanks.

Ricardo

Not sure if I'm completely understanding your problem based on this above, but this might help.

When you're in SEQ mode, select TRACK #1 and using the drop down menu select ADD TO SET LIST (bottom of the menu). Now select TRACK #2 and again do a ADD TO SET LIST.

Now in SET LIST mode you should be able to switch between the two sounds.

There might be other ways to accomplish this, but this is how I do it.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
Rskeys

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Backtracks in kronos. Help pls. Reply with quote

Thank you all for your help.

Bush i tried your way and it works like a charm. Thanks.

Ricardo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: