Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing Song in setlist mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Playing Song in setlist mode Reply with quote

Hiya everyone,

I have a song assigned to a setlist slot. I can only play audio track 1. Is there any way around this, or am I just going the wrong way about this?

I want to assign programs to the other tracks and play them along.
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Playing Song in setlist mode Reply with quote

Dniss wrote:
Hiya everyone,

I have a song assigned to a setlist slot. I can only play audio track 1. Is there any way around this, or am I just going the wrong way about this?

If I'm understanding this correctly - each program or track within a combi is defaulted to a send to a different midi channel.

In the midi params in your combi, set all the channels you wish to use to the global channel and that should fix your problem I think?

The only reason not to do this is if you want certain tracks to be sent to different midi channels purposely.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Playing Song in setlist mode Reply with quote

Hi PinkFloydDudi!

Ahh man you're right. I had to put each track to channel 1 in the sequencer. Sorry for the trouble , I thought I had tried already!

s**t!
Confused

Thanks for the feedback, nevertheless.

PinkFloydDudi wrote:
Dniss wrote:
Hiya everyone,

If I'm understanding this correctly - each program or track within a combi is defaulted to a send to a different midi channel.

In the midi params in your combi, set all the channels you wish to use to the global channel and that should fix your problem I think?

The only reason not to do this is if you want certain tracks to be sent to different midi channels purposely.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I found out where I'm having trouble.

Selected empty song slot.

Track 1 is set to German, I go to track 2, select E.piano. I set track 2 to channel 1, do a split, now I have 2 piano one each side of the kb. Everthing is fine.

I go back to Track 1, change INT to EXT (for my sound module), change midi channel 1 to channel 15. Now I ear my sound module alright, but no more sound from track 2. The E. piano isn't sounding anymorem but is still selected.

Then I use the pull down menu, Copy from prgm, select E.piano, copy all fx used to Track 2. Now I have the EP sound again on track 2, but my sound module isn't making sound anymore. Track 1 is still set to EXT, channel 15.

I don't get it!

Kronos is set to GChl 1, Sound module to recv on channel 15.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karma midi/thru issue?
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very possible, how can I verify this? I have one USB cable from Kronos to my sound module.

I'm using A-0018 e.piano. Is there midi implementation in karma as well?

I can't find a way to layer both my sound module and the Kronos in a song. No matter what I try or in wich order I try it. As soon as I set one up, the other one stops working.

I can't possibly be the first one to run into this. I know there're many experts here. Won't someone else give a fellow musician a hand?
Pray

I will keep trying and let you know what I find.

Regards,
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump...

Korg Canada called my back on this, they will try the same thing at their office and get back to me.

Basically what the problem is (in seq mode):

Track 1 set to EXT, midi ch. 12, sound module making sounds.

Copy a program to Track 2 with all fx being used, my external module not receiving midi data anymore (fells silent).

Kronos global is channel 1, module set to rec'v on channel 12.

Will post result when we sort it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: