Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Set List feature, what is used out there?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
franzlp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Kronos Set List feature, what is used out there? Reply with quote

As we all know the Kronos has the set list feature. What is commonly used out there by performers today when using computer and VST application for live performance and quick switching between sounds or sound groupings? Please comment and advise.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use my Set List with sequencing, but as far as I'm aware, the Set List responds to Program Change....
Should be very easy to incorporate the changes into songs in computer-land.

Personally, I only use 1 or 2 setlists for my gigs: one as a master with all the setups, and one as my "active" for that gig (I'm in a band who like to change the setlist every gig!! Laughing )

Dan
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked it now - Set List does respond to Program Change Wink

Dan
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the setlist function. My priorities right now are diving into the sequencing, then work with the setlist later. However, I bought a Ps1 for the Oasys, and wasn't really using it. Hooked it up to the Kronos and programmed it so that I can incrementally cycle through the set list. Very, very nice feature. And being able to mix and match programs, combi's, and songs is an absolutely mindboggling dream making feature. A very happy camper. Smile
franzlp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea but I really want to know how many out there handle this with non Korg or Kronos equipment.
franzlp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea but I really want to know how many out there handle this with non Korg or Kronos equipment.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi franzlp, I've played with setlist quite a bit. Mostly using the sequencer. It took me a long time to figure it out, but I think I've got the basics. I'm not an experienced user, but I understand where I'm going. Just takes longer.

So don't hesitate if you have any questions.

I've been able to map my scenes from my sound module (it's a Muse Receptor) and the kronos, and do proper assignements in the setlist so I can choose the what and the when.

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is why copying a program (and its fx) in the sequencer kills my midi flow to the sound module. I can play both on different part of the keybed, but not simultaneously.

I suspect some of the copied fx are messing that midi channel, someone else mentionned karma could aslo do this.

When I find out I will report in case someone else gets the same prblm.

Regards,
MonoxideC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos Set List feature, what is used out there? Reply with quote

franzlp wrote:
What is commonly used out there by performers today when using computer and VST application for live performance and quick switching between sounds or sound groupings?

Check out Brainspawn Forte 2 and Bloxpander. I've used both of them before and they are both great. Forte has been around longer and may be more mature/stable. Bloxpander definitely has a far more attractive interface.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: