Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Effects from Programs to Combis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kelley2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Effects from Programs to Combis Reply with quote

New to Korg in general and just got my Kronos 73 a couple of weeks ago. Is there a way to keep the effects control from a Program when you select it into a Combi? For instance, the Knob 7 control of a Rhodes patch to increase the Chorus effect? I select the Program into the number one slot of a new Combi and then I have no control of the effect anymore? Is there something obvious I'm missing? Thanks.
John
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: Effects from Programs to Combis Reply with quote

kelley2000 wrote:
New to Korg in general and just got my Kronos 73 a couple of weeks ago. Is there a way to keep the effects control from a Program when you select it into a Combi? For instance, the Knob 7 control of a Rhodes patch to increase the Chorus effect? I select the Program into the number one slot of a new Combi and then I have no control of the effect anymore? Is there something obvious I'm missing? Thanks.
John

Check the Control Channel for the desired effect. See Parameter Guide Combination chapter 8–7: IFX 1–12 -> 8–7a: IFX1 -> Ch (Control Channel) [Ch01...16, G ch, All Routed].
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you just "select" the program or did you use "copy from program"? If the former, you still have to transfer the fx of the program into the combi, since a combi has its own fx assignments.
kelley2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. "Copy from Program" ought to do the trick. I appreciate you guys' time.
kelley2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I spoke too soon. I tried the "Copy from Program" trick and checked all but the drum track. Still, I get no phase effect like on the Program. The Program is F.McComb Mark I EP Kn7 and I still get no phase effect once it's in my new Combi. Thanks again.
John
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange. I'll leave that one to Dan, then. I'm only extrapolating from the way my Triton Extreme works, since I'm still waiting for my Kronos. I'm fairly sure "copy from program" should do just that, though...
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still may have to make sure that the Timbre is routed to the correct initial IFX. On the first IFX page, check where the program is routed to....

jg::
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelley2000 wrote:
Actually, I spoke too soon. I tried the "Copy from Program" trick and checked all but the drum track. Still, I get no phase effect like on the Program. The Program is F.McComb Mark I EP Kn7 and I still get no phase effect once it's in my new Combi. Thanks again.
John

Just a couple of quick questions:
Did you check all of the boxes when copying from the program to the combi?
Did you dial knob 7 up (while in 'RT Knobs/KARMA' mode) to make sure the effect is actually being engaged?
Were there any other programs already in the combi before copying the EP?

I ask because I tried copying the exact program into a brand-spankin'-new combi, checked all of the boxes, made sure I had the controllers in the right mode and dialed knob 7 up. I was able to get the exact sound that I had in program mode without having to do any extra editing.
Hope this helps. Cheers!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cynkh wrote:
kelley2000 wrote:
John

Just a couple of quick questions:
Did you check all of the boxes when copying from the program to the combi?
Did you dial knob 7 up (while in 'RT Knobs/KARMA' mode) to make sure the effect is actually being engaged?
Were there any other programs already in the combi before copying the EP?

I ask because I tried copying the exact program into a brand-spankin'-new combi, checked all of the boxes, made sure I had the controllers in the right mode and dialed knob 7 up. I was able to get the exact sound that I had in program mode without having to do any extra editing.
Hope this helps. Cheers!

Yes, I've also confirmed that this works properly.

The phaser is built into the EP-1, so you don't actually need to copy any effects for that (although there are some other effects going on as well).

An additional point: make sure to set the Control Surface mode to RT Knobs/KARMA, so that Knob 7 controls the phaser as programmed.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
kelley2000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"An additional point: make sure to set the Control Surface mode to RT Knobs/KARMA, so that Knob 7 controls the phaser as programmed."

That was it. Thanks so much. I appreciate everyone's input and plan on tapping into you guys' experience in the future. Like I said, I'm an old Roland guy but got 'turned' by the Kronos. Awesome...but complicated to me.

Thanks again.
John
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelley2000 wrote:
"An additional point: make sure to set the Control Surface mode to RT Knobs/KARMA, so that Knob 7 controls the phaser as programmed."

That was it. Thanks so much. I appreciate everyone's input and plan on tapping into you guys' experience in the future. Like I said, I'm an old Roland guy but got 'turned' by the Kronos. Awesome...but complicated to me.

Thanks again.
John

Well, I hope that with a bit of practice it will be merely "complex" and not "complicated"! Have fun and remember: it's the journey, not the destination!

Cheers!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: