Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

changing volumes/instruments/effects in style record

View previous topic :: View next topic  
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: changing volumes/instruments/effects in style record Reply with quote

Hi folks . I am back again still loving every minute with my trusty old PA1X I have stumbled on what might be a limitation for me but i thought i would run this by your goodselves first before i reach a conclusion .

I do a lot of style creation for myself and for use with the various choirs i work with. But i have a problem .

when recording in style record e ( that is actually creating a style) I sometimes would like to change the volumes of lets say strings or an organ part in real time as i record to reflect when the music should swell or when i want the organ to come up in the mix like a live organist or orchestra might.

Imn a real band the instrumenst would not stay at the same level throughout the music.

Also i am trying to be more creative so that i can 'insert' different effects on the instruments within a style rather than have the same effect going continuusly throughout the style. For example i might want a distortion effect on the first style variation and a fanger sound on the rythm guitar in the next variation. Can this be programmed within the style or can different effects be applied to different style variations.

I know i am asking quite deep questions but t would be really appreciate if anyone can provide an answer or a useable workaround.

Cheers

Worth
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth,
For creating swells you need to use Expression ,but I don't think if it's possible to record expression in Style Record mode in "Real Time".

Also, I don't think it's possible to save a variation with a particular Effect. you can save a different instrument on the same track for different variations,but not different Effects I believe. I'm not 100% positive though.

worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that Assyrianpianist. I know that epression can be used in the sequencer I was just hoping there was some way it could be done in users styles. Some of the factory styles like the intros to the gospel styles , expecially the organs definately swell and subside within the style. I just dont know how it was done.

Thanks for responding though. I hope all is well with you.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
thanks for that Assyrianpianist. I know that epression can be used in the sequencer I was just hoping there was some way it could be done in users styles. Some of the factory styles like the intros to the gospel styles , expecially the organs definately swell and subside within the style. I just dont know how it was done.

Thanks for responding though. I hope all is well with you.

You can do anything you want with Expression in Style Record mode, Just not in real time.

Here you can see how it looks in Pro tools, and PA800 responds to all the changes you make perfectly:

So basically, you can enter Expression values using the keyboard or software. But you gotta do it in Style record mode while the style is NOT running. Because I don't think the keyboard could also record Expression modulation in real time, though once you get them in there, it will respond to them and play them back in real time. Does that make sense at all?

That's how I work with expression all the time. Even if the keyboard was capable of recording expression in real time, i would never use it.

worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats very interesting Assyrianpianist and might be a suitable workaround. I will have a go over the weekend and come back with my views. Thanks again !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: