Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bosendorfer Pianos
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Bosendorfer Pianos Reply with quote

I just went to a large piano store to help a friend purchase a piano. Whilst there, I couldn't help but notice their Bosendorfer pianos. I tried the Imperial 290 ($211,000)... and I sure wish I didn't. No piano in the world even comes close Sad

I could have played that piano all day and found it difficult to take a bathroom break... it was that good!

So I'm hoping that Korg's forthcoming "Austrian Piano" library for the Kronos is going to sound something like that piano. I''m very impressed with the "German Grand" (Steinway) on the Kronos, but that Bosendorfer is going to be something else!
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up on my teacher's Bosie and sold my Steinway to get a Shigeru. All really wonderful pianos with their own character. Shigeru action is my favorite.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosendorfer Pianos Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
PianoManChuck wrote:
I just went to a large piano store to help a friend purchase a piano. Whilst there, I couldn't help but notice their Bosendorfer pianos. I tried the Imperial 290 ($211,000)... and I sure wish I didn't. No piano in the world even comes close Sad

I could have played that piano all day and found it difficult to take a bathroom break... it was that good!

So I'm hoping that Korg's forthcoming "Austrian Piano" library for the Kronos is going to sound something like that piano. I''m very impressed with the "German Grand" (Steinway) on the Kronos, but that Bosendorfer is going to be something else!

That 290 is one of my FAVORITE Pianos of all time! But I gotta say that there is one other piano that is a step above:

The Fazioli F308! You play one of these you will see that this is as good as it gets!

There are a few others that are in the same class:

Shigeru Kawai
Steingraber
Hamburg Steinway (The REAL Steinway, NOT the piece of sh*t NY brand!)
Bechstein
Bluthner
Schimmel
Grotrian
Seiler (these are WAY UNDERPRICED for what they truly are!)

But THE BEST is Fazioli. Period. Which is what I have.

EVERY Person I have talked to about pianos who's played a Fazioli says the same thing.

Bosendorfer is a close second.

Third is a tie: Bluthner/Steingraber.

Fourth is Shigeru

Fifth is Seiler.

Sina

Never tried a Fazioli but I'd like to! Use to like Schimmel's but now that I've tried a Bosendorfer 290 the Schimmel doesn't even hold a candle to it. Bechstein isn't bad either. But that Bosendorfer 290 - Wow! I don't recall that particular store having a Fazioli but I'll definitely start looking for a store where I can try one! Thanks for the recommendation!
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nod to Stuart and Sons

http://www.stuartandsons.com/
Current Korg apparatus: MicroStation, MicroKorg, MicroSampler, WaveDrum, Trinity V3, M1REX, Wavestation SR, X5DR, Original Legacy Collection w/ MS-20 controller, iMS-20, DS-10 Plus x2, ELECTRIBE Rhythm Mk ll, iELECTRIBE, Kaossilator, padKONTROL, MicroKONTROL, NanoKey, NanoKontrol, Stage Echo SE-300
theshinenz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Bosendorfer Pianos Reply with quote

Are you sure you dont have one of each?

Sina172 wrote:
PianoManChuck wrote:

That 290 is one of my FAVORITE Pianos of all time! But I gotta say that there is one other piano that is a step above:

The Fazioli F308! You play one of these you will see that this is as good as it gets!

There are a few others that are in the same class:

Shigeru Kawai
Steingraber
Hamburg Steinway (The REAL Steinway, NOT the piece of sh*t NY brand!)
Bechstein
Bluthner
Schimmel
Grotrian
Seiler (these are WAY UNDERPRICED for what they truly are!)

But THE BEST is Fazioli. Period. Which is what I have.

EVERY Person I have talked to about pianos who's played a Fazioli says the same thing.

Bosendorfer is a close second.

Third is a tie: Bluthner/Steingraber.

Fourth is Shigeru

Fifth is Seiler.

Sina
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A nod to Stuart and Sons
www.stuartandsons.com/

Ah, the Aussie piano maker. I've never had the opportunity to play one. So rare, I think they only make 2 or 3 per year.

Have you had experience with one, Ricky?

jg::
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a pianist and I've rarely even played one. Organs and synths for me.

Reading Chucks post and the reply's, I find it quite awe inspiring that in this digital, electronic age. Real craftsmanship still wins. It's expensive, but it should be.

Thanks for sharing. Cool
jick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Bosendorfer Pianos Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:

I just have the Fazioli F308 (in the dining room right now, while the studio is in progress) F278 (in the living room, also going into the studio once finished), F228 (in the family room to stay), F212 (in the game room) and the F183 (in the bedroom) for right now.

I hate you Very Happy

Congrats!
jick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrricky rrrecordo wrote:
A nod to Stuart and Sons

http://www.stuartandsons.com/

Speechless. That must be the most beautiful grands I've ever seen! Unbelievable, when it looks like that I'd almost say the sound is less important... Wink

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Bosendorfer Pianos Reply with quote

jick wrote:
Sina172 wrote:

I just have the Fazioli F308 (in the dining room right now, while the studio is in progress) F278 (in the living room, also going into the studio once finished), F228 (in the family room to stay), F212 (in the game room) and the F183 (in the bedroom) for right now.

I hate you Very Happy

Congrats!

It's not about what gear you have, but what you do with it.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Bosendorfer Pianos Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
I HATE buying floor models, but if I can get a floor model and take that home immediately while the new one is on the way, I'm all for it.

Once the new one arrives, the floor model is useless... I understand this, and am willing to help you out by taking it off your hands Laughing
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosendorfer Pianos Reply with quote

jick wrote:
Sina172 wrote:

I hate you Very Happy

Congrats!

You actually believe him?

Sic!

Just remember the first rule of the Internet - pics or it didn't f.ucking happen!
jick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosendorfer Pianos Reply with quote

I don't care if it's right or not, that's sina's own responsibility. I was just imagining that I had that kind of piano's LOL

michelkeijzers wrote:
jick wrote:
Sina172 wrote:

I hate you Very Happy

Congrats!

It's not about what gear you have, but what you do with it.

I agree for 80%.. Wink My experience is that when you have a great grand piano or synth, you'll play better because it triggers your imagination and improvisation skills.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: