Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bosendorfer Pianos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with pics you can't be sure.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in sina's case you're always sure he's full of s.hit anyways, he's always loudmouthing without anything to back his claims up. Laughing
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosendorfer Pianos Reply with quote

jick wrote:
I don't care if it's right or not, that's sina's own responsibility. I was just imagining that I had that kind of piano's LOL

michelkeijzers wrote:
jick wrote:
Sina172 wrote:

I just have the Fazioli F308 (in the dining room right now, while the studio is in progress) F278 (in the living room, also going into the studio once finished), F228 (in the family room to stay), F212 (in the game room) and the F183 (in the bedroom) for right now.

I hate you Very Happy

Congrats!

It's not about what gear you have, but what you do with it.

I agree for 80%.. Wink My experience is that when you have a great grand piano or synth, you'll play better because it triggers your imagination and improvisation skills.

I agree 100% to your remark ... it was a bit b&w ... but some people think they can play better when they buy a new instrument. Of course what you say helps. Since I bought the Kronos I play a lot more so it helps me also being a (little) better keyboardist.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the last 2 comments. I won't feel so grubby and cheap when I hit the
Plastic again tonight Crying or Very sad Wink
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
Well in sina's case you're always sure he's full of s.hit anyways, he's always loudmouthing without anything to back his claims up. Laughing

Maybe we should make a thread to even do a better job than him...
So I will start:

Actually I had already a Kronos 5 years ago (first development version). And you guess where all the missing serial IDs are below 1000 ? Yes in my possession and megastudio I'm building (underground; therefore cannot be seen on google maps).

And btw, I can play better and faster than Jordan Rudess, but if I would show it he and every other keyboardist immediately would sell their Korg so the company would go broke.

On the other hand, I could make my own synth company (of course much better than Korg).

[End of joke mode]

I rather have people here that really have something to add to discussions or who can show they do something, like runningman, pianoman etc.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:

Don't be so harsh and let Sina go his way. Wink

Just look at it a bit more relaxed, like that:
In his parallel universe, Sina has misplaced the key to the room full of Hasselblad H2Ds and can't find it between all the Fazoolis and other grands at the moment. Must be lying somewhere in the garage with the fifty Tritons or the loft with the thirty Oasys. Soon as he finds the key to the camera room, he will upload a photo of one of his rooms each day a year. Cool
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:

Don't be so harsh and let Sina go his way. Wink

Just look at it a bit more relaxed, like that:
In his parallel universe, Sina has misplaced the key to the room full of Hasselblad H2Ds and can't find it between all the Fazoolis and other grands at the moment. Must be lying somewhere in the garage with the fifty Tritons or the loft with the thirty Oasys. Soon as he finds the key to the camera room, he will upload a photo of one of his rooms each day a year. Cool

You can tell it's Friday!
Which is good Beer
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who has actually purchased one of these high-end, hand built pianos knows you buy the instrument, not the brand. Be prepared to spend a lot of time auditioning, have patience and money at hand.

Here's George Duke talking about finding his Bosendorfer.

George Duke Interview

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I'm not a real pianist ... saved me already 1000 euro or more that I don't need to buy weighted keyboards.

No seriously, I admire people who can play piano well and that such quality instruments are built ... I just don't have the money for it.

DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If purchasing a new keyboard will inspire creativity, great. It works for me.
As far as, just buying new pianos and synths won't make you better player...as others have pointed out: if you are motivated by a Kronos and play more, work out new material, avoid doing some of the honey do's, and substitute the honey do time for more time on the Kronos---you will be a better keyboard player. Smile

p.s. If you want to double your talent, add a Bosedorfer with your Kronos purchase.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosendorfer Pianos Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
jick wrote:
Sina172 wrote:

I just have the Fazioli F308 (in the dining room right now, while the studio is in progress) F278 (in the living room, also going into the studio once finished), F228 (in the family room to stay), F212 (in the game room) and the F183 (in the bedroom) for right now.

I hate you Very Happy

Congrats!

You actually believe him?

Sic!

Just remember the first rule of the Internet - pics or it didn't f.ucking happen!

Of course not... take a look at this pics on his MySpace page... those pics tell the whole story! You'd be lucky to fit one of those concert grands in there.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosendorfer Pianos Reply with quote

jick wrote:
I don't care if it's right or not, that's sina's own responsibility. I was just imagining that I had that kind of piano's LOL

michelkeijzers wrote:
It's not about what gear you have, but what you do with it.

I agree for 80%.. Wink My experience is that when you have a great grand piano or synth, you'll play better because it triggers your imagination and improvisation skills.

+1
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
I'm glad I'm not a real pianist ... saved me already 1000 euro or more that I don't need to buy weighted keyboards.

No seriously, I admire people who can play piano well and that such quality instruments are built ... I just don't have the money for it.

I have a Baldwin baby grand piano... but for the last 12 years, I've played digital keyboards (Yamaha, Korg, Priva, Roland, Alesis). I actually prefer the Kronos to my baby grand, I can do more with it and the action is great! Yesterday at the piano store, trying all these different pianos out, many of the less expensive ones don't even come close to the Kronos. I've always liked Schimmel, but when sitting down at that Bosendorfer Imperial, it was true inspiration... I played flawlessly and creatively... whereas if I sat down at some cheap or mid price piano, that inspiration simply wasn't there. The feel and sound (and look) of the Bosendorfer was something I've not quite experienced before. Now I'm wishing I didn't play it. I couldn't even live in a van to support having that piano Sad
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldnt have one anyway. There's no earphone socket.

It's true about getting inspiration from the Kronos. It's an absolute bargain, in my humble opinion .
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
...but when sitting down at that Bosendorfer Imperial, it was true inspiration... I played flawlessly and creatively... whereas if I sat down at some cheap or mid price piano, that inspiration simply wasn't there. The feel and sound (and look) of the Bosendorfer was something I've not quite experienced before. Now I'm wishing I didn't play it.

"The sanders have pictures of naked women in the room because when they touch the piano they want her to feel like a woman's body." - Tori Amos, on the Bosendorfer technicians.

That's what I call inspiration. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: