Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bosendorfer Pianos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: A Reply with quote

Zeroesque wrote:
"The sanders have pictures of naked women in the room because when they touch the piano they want her to feel like a woman's body." - Tori Amos, on the Bosendorfer technicians.

What? Pictures? How do they know when the piano feels right if they don't have real women for a direct 'hands-on' comparison?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: A Reply with quote

EXer wrote:
Zeroesque wrote:
"The sanders have pictures of naked women in the room because when they touch the piano they want her to feel like a woman's body." - Tori Amos, on the Bosendorfer technicians.

What? Pictures? How do they know when the piano feels right if they don't have real women for a direct 'hands-on' comparison?

Would it improve my playing style if I put some pics of Jordan Rudess or Rick Wakeman to the wall?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: A Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Would it improve my playing style if I put some pics of Jordan Rudess or Rick Wakeman to the wall?

It might... its a psychological thing. If you have a picture of some well-known pianist on the wall, along with the knowledge of how they sound to you... it might just do that for you!
For me, I could put a picture of Keith Emerson on the wall (my fav) and it would do nothing for me... but sitting down at that Bosendorfer Imperial 290 did more for me than I could ever have imagined!
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: A Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

It might... its a psychological thing. If you have a picture of some well-known pianist on the wall, along with the knowledge of how they sound to you... it might just do that for you!
For me, I could put a picture of Keith Emerson on the wall (my fav) and it would do nothing for me... but sitting down at that Bosendorfer Imperial 290 did more for me than I could ever have imagined!

Whether it actually works or not is anyone's guess, but I've been trying this approach for almost 20 years now. I've had this poster in the music room (or bedroom) of every place I've lived since I was 15 - just hoping that it would inspire me to greatness (note the rippped corners and discoloration from the different types of tape used over the years)

::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: A Reply with quote

jeebustrain wrote:
PianoManChuck wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

Whether it actually works or not is anyone's guess, but I've been trying this approach for almost 20 years now. I've had this poster in the music room (or bedroom) of every place I've lived since I was 15 - just hoping that it would inspire me to greatness (note the rippped corners and discoloration from the different types of tape used over the years)

Ah... Frank Zappa on the "think tank" Razz Inspiration at its finest!!!
I remember once hearing in one of his interviews that he actually hated the music he did but he loved classical music... he just did what he did 'cuz there was no money in classical! A shame, but he's probably right.
Ernie Applelips

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: A Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
I remember once hearing in one of his interviews that he actually hated the music he did but he loved classical music... he just did what he did 'cuz there was no money in classical! A shame, but he's probably right.

Interesting quote. I remember feeling quite angry when listening to Only In it For The Money, because it sounded to me just that. Very clever but ultimately he was just sticking two fingers up at us.
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: A Reply with quote

Ernie Applelips wrote:
PianoManChuck wrote:

Interesting quote. I remember feeling quite angry when listening to Only In it For The Money, because it sounded to me just that. Very clever but ultimately he was just sticking two fingers up at us.

You guys are both correct. Smile
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: A Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

Of course ... I didn't mean to say something negative about that.
When I play a Kronos I play more and also I can use more expression so I can imagine if you really play a Bosendorfer it must be very special.

What I meant to say was, some people buy new gear and think only because of the new gear they play better. I think: you only play better if your (playing) capabilities belong better to the new instrument. If you cannot play at all, it's no use buying a Kronos (except you like the instrument so much, you like to play more often).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: A Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
I think: you only play better if your (playing) capabilities belong better to the new instrument.

That was my experience! Just my luck, huh? Champagne taste on a beer budget Sad ... worse yet, stellar performance only on top end equipment Confused
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$210k for a piano and no "Jump" preset?

psh...
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkFloydDudi wrote:

psh...

Well, you don't have to actually buy it... the place I went to leases it out for a cool $1,500 per night (includes delivery and reposession).
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
PinkFloydDudi wrote:

psh...

Well, you don't have to actually buy it... the place I went to leases it out for a cool $1,500 per night (includes delivery and reposession).

Still can't play "Jump" on it though!
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkFloydDudi wrote:
PianoManChuck wrote:
PinkFloydDudi wrote:

psh...

Still can't play "Jump" on it though!
Laughing
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid some years ago E 2000 for only hammond sounds and now I got almost the same hammond in the Kronos. One of 9 engines that makes one engine cost about E 3000 / 9 = 330 euro.
Piano engine: 330 euro Smile ... I hope the Bosendorfer sounds better for 210.000$ ... it better be.

Dave Ferris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosendorfer Pianos Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
I just went to a large piano store to help a friend purchase a piano. Whilst there, I couldn't help but notice their Bosendorfer pianos. I tried the Imperial 290 ($211,000)... and I sure wish I didn't. No piano in the world even comes close Sad

I could have played that piano all day and found it difficult to take a bathroom break... it was that good!

So I'm hoping that Korg's forthcoming "Austrian Piano" library for the Kronos is going to sound something like that piano. I''m very impressed with the "German Grand" (Steinway) on the Kronos, but that Bosendorfer is going to be something else!

You must've went into Keyboard Concepts. Dennis Haggerty, the owner is a long time friend. I bought my Yamaha S6 him from back in '97. Their new digs are cool, they moved across the street there on Van Nuys and Burbank. I went in there a few weeks ago to say hello.

I played the 290 it was spectacular of course but I actually preferred the 225 they had there...might have been prepped better. The 225 was something like 165K !! Heck at those prices give me a couple-one for my game room and one for my living room.

Gigs have been a little slow lately so I guess Ill be forced to keep slumming with my pos Steinway D in my studio ... Rolling Eyes

Fwiw the LA Fazioli dealer is Pierre Julia at Pierre's Fine Pianos down on Pico just west of Sepulveda & the 405. You might play the 183 at his store but because of the high Euro and the economy Pierre doesn't stock any new floor models at this time. He owns a 278 that he rents out to Herbie, the LA Opera and other concert venues or recording studios. The price on Faziolis has gone so high no one but the super rich could afford the 7'+ models at this time.

2005 NY Steinway D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: