Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which threads should I read first?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhjdhj

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Which threads should I read first? Reply with quote

OK --- long time Oasys owner, just ordered Kronos to use in a secondary smaller live setup. Figured I'd check out the new Kronos forums to see what's going on --- but there's just way too many posts (and yeah, this one is probably not helping too much either!) to wade through.

Any recommendations for "gotchyas", "best practices", and "best of" threads?
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you ones NOT to read. Avoid the word 'FAN'
Trust me on that one! Twisted Evil
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and you can safely ignore polls Laughing
dhjdhj

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"FAN" as in a person who loves the Kronos or "FAN" as in problems with fan noise? (I just did a search and noticed a lot of such comments)

runningman67 wrote:

danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhjdhj wrote:
"FAN" as in a person who loves the Kronos or "FAN" as in problems with fan noise? (I just did a search and noticed a lot of such comments)

runningman67 wrote:

Maybe both! Laughing
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Yes, and you can safely ignore polls Laughing

I like Poland Wink
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Which threads should I read first? Reply with quote

dhjdhj wrote:
OK --- long time Oasys owner, just ordered Kronos to use in a secondary smaller live setup. Figured I'd check out the new Kronos forums to see what's going on --- but there's just way too many posts (and yeah, this one is probably not helping too much either!) to wade through.

Any recommendations for "gotchyas", "best practices", and "best of" threads?

Being serious for a moment.......there's alot of threads as you said. Oasys owners don't seem to have many problems working out the Kronos. I'd say, get your new Kronos and ask as you need to, and enjoy.
dhjdhj

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Which threads should I read first? Reply with quote

Maybe --- I wasn't aware of a potential fan issue so I've contacted Sam Ash and asked them to make sure that the unit they ship me is not afflicted with this problem.

runningman67 wrote:

Being serious for a moment.......there's alot of threads as you said. Oasys owners don't seem to have many problems working out the Kronos. I'd say, get your new Kronos and ask as you need to, and enjoy.

DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there you go, now you've done it. Obviously you have read the fan post. Avoid the posts of someone called "sparkie" as you will want to get a second trust deed on your house to immediately purchase a Jupiter 80 and donate your Kronos to charity. Smile
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennyC wrote:
Well there you go, now you've done it. Obviously you have read the fan post. Avoid the posts of someone called "sparkie" as you will want to get a second trust deed on your house to immediately purchase a Jupiter 80 and donate your Kronos to charity. Smile

Whoops Face palm
dhjdhj

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love your avatar!

DennyC wrote:

JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avoid the word "bug", as these are usually about someone problems with understanding the operations of the Kronos Shocked

avoid JP80 as these are apple and orange discussions.

As a matter of fact, I'd recommend you start your Kronos journey by reading the parameter guide! It will either put you to sleep or convince you to buy the Kronos immediately.

There is only one opinion that matters, and that is yours. Get the Kronos and make your own posts.

And my final comment: disregard the subject/title of any discussion. Even if the thread starts discussing the Topic, it soon segues away into some other song. Confused
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
dhjdhj

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's my understanding that the Kronos is essentially the same as the Oasys with which I am deeply familar (except for KARMA which I never figured out, and didn't really care about too much) so I'm not concerned too much about how to use it.

I'm much more interested in peripheral/third party issues. For example, I got an email from Korg a couple of weeks ago offering me credit towards sound libraries (because I had all the Oasys Ex's) and will be interested to know about peoples' experiences with such things. At the same time, I was contemplating what keyboards to get to create a "minirig" for myself as my main rig is just too big to take to smaller venues.

So my plan is to use the Kronos mostly remotely with routing managed through my MaxMSP system.

My Kronos has been shipped and I expect it on Monday.

JPWC wrote:
As a matter of fact, I'd recommend you start your Kronos journey by reading the parameter guide! It will either put you to sleep or convince you to buy the Kronos immediately.

Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your new Kronos. (61 or 73?)

Your going to love it as much and possibly more than your Oasys.
It may not have as many bells and whistles, but there are some very useful features Korg implemented, which I'm sure you are aware of.
Also, moving forward, I think we have a much better chance at seeing Kronos advancement.. Not to mention, but "the ease of hauling it around." enjoy!
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the manual first!

Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: