Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multitimbral recording into software DAW?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
Just being silly for a moment here, excuse me..

Last night, I recorded a combi to audio, it was as simple as walking to the fridge for a beverage..
Then I recorded a combi, (Multi channel) midi to daw and it felt like I had to get in my car and drive to the supermarket for the same beverage and drive home..

Moral:
Going to the fridge and back to the computer, my head was still wrapped around the ideas that I wanted to capture.
Going to the supermarket and home again, I forgot the computer was still on, much less, I was even recording music and had any ideas at all.Laughing

My sentiments exactly Cool

Lou wrote:
Still, obsessively stuck on midi for editing features..

Can't beat the editing features, but what good are those features when you have nothing to edit? You said it yourself... you forgot the computer was still on Exclamation
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention, in the time it takes you to record the midi version, quantize/edit/audition/repeat, and bounce it to audio, you could've played/recorded the audio version at least five times, concentrating on the playing and what it sounds like, instead of editing.

Just making an argument here, midi still has its uses.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Not to mention, in the time it takes you to record the midi version, quantize/edit/audition/repeat, and bounce it to audio, you could've played/recorded the audio version at least five times, concentrating on the playing and what it sounds like, instead of editing.

Just making an argument here, midi still has its uses.

Playing something 5 times (or more) to get it "just right" is not unusual. Its called practice... the more of it you do, the better you get. If you're going to give a performance, whether its on stage or simply for friends/family, they want to hear you perform... you'll be in much better shape with practice.

Another analogy... I'm not a carpenter, but if I were, I'd derive more joy out of crafting something from scratch than I would from building the same thing out of a kit. The kit will be perfect, but crafting something from scratch takes skill, and the end result - depending on the skill level - could be enormously better than the kit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: