Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum moderators, Korg and keeping to one thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
philmagnotta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Lychee wrote:
Sharp wrote:
Good points.
It's largely up to the end users too. If more people can conduct themselves in a mannerly way, it opens the door to welcome a response from KORG.

Regards
Sharp.

I don't disagree with your points generally, but I will also say that I don't think manners have anything to do with Korg's silence on keybed issues.

If you mean bad manners, as has been the case to some degree, hence all the discussion as to whether Korg has an obligation, various people demanding or insisting on responses, and the strangely over zealous attempts to prove that this is not an official site, etc., well I for one don't know what Korg USA or Korg Japan is saying about the issue regardless if comments were polite or not.
I wasn't sure if you meant bad or good manners, but I think you meant that manners, in general, didn't have anything to do with their silence, which I would agree with, but only to some degree.

But, as Mysic38 stated earlier which is definitely clear reasoning:
Quote:
"However, even when there is a known problem.. it may take a corporation some months to develop an official stance.. data collection and evaluation to size scope and prioritize the issue, and then the design, implementation, test and validation of corrective action IF deemed appropriate.. all this takes time.. So NOT hearing from Korg does not mean they do not know, or do not care or do not plan to do something.. it simply means they have nothing to tell you now. "

I like to keep on topic if possible, so my topic wasn't regarding silence from Korg, since Mystic38 states what is generally known as to how those things work, rather the relationship of Korg, its customers at large including this forum, and the meaning of official versus unofficial and whether those terms and concepts could stand additional discussion.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Lychee wrote:
Sharp wrote:
Good points.
It's largely up to the end users too. If more people can conduct themselves in a mannerly way, it opens the door to welcome a responce from KORG.

Regards
Sharp.

I don't disagree with your points generally, but I will also say that I don't think manners have anything to do with Korg's silence on keybed issues.

I have never doubted there are some defects.

I can definitely understand any co's reluctance to wade into a morass of Internet posts, some containing negativity/lack of respect.

Plus I recall the origin of the data wheel defect. One poster here, made several posts on other music forums , linked those posts to here and tried to d/l all the photos.

Shortly after, Rich clearly communicated hee how the data wheel replacement would be handled. That important communication did not get fully reported to all those other forums.

I think that is an example of why its difficult to manage defect issues
and diagnose defects on the Internet.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a brilliant forum/ community, it's fun, inspiring, diverse.

If you have an issue that may be resolved with some help from the forum, then great, if not then ask korg directly, as surely you would with any 'faulty?' product.

Perhaps the forum is a victim of it's own success. It states at the top that it's independent , but it's so well designed set up and supported, you can be forgiven for thinking it's a one stop shop.

I myself am sometimes astounded by the knowledge on here. So let's keep the negativity in perspective. The forum is sometimes weighed down with problems that can only be rectified by your dealer.
Asking questions, problem solving, sharing your work, giving us an insight into you and your background is what it's about. Moaning and groaning is pointless ?

Peace

Silenced
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Bruce Lychee wrote:
Sharp wrote:
Good points.
It's largely up to the end users too. If more people can conduct themselves in a mannerly way, it opens the door to welcome a responce from KORG.

Regards
Sharp.

I have never doubted there are some defects.

I can definitely understand any co's reluctance to wade into a morass of Internet posts, some containing negativity/lack of respect.

Plus I recall the origin of the data wheel defect. One poster here, made several posts on other music forums , linked those posts to here and tried to d/l all the photos.

Shortly after, Rich clearly communicated hee how the data wheel replacement would be handled. That important communication did not get fully reported to all those other forums.

I think that is an example of why its difficult to manage defect issues
and diagnose defects on the Internet.

To add, there is definitely no way any korg person is going to respond until there is a complete and total understanding of the problem...and if they even mention a resolution, it will be the official resolution.

Korg employees most certainly are not allowed to post their 'thoughts' on issues. Anything said by someone who is logged in and known as a korg employee will be very carefully worded...and will be a result of conclusions from Korg, not from guesses.

I mean take a look at this forum...if a Korg rep said "we know there is a problem"...it would immediately be met by a whole bunch of "when is the fix coming?", "what is the fix going to be"?, etc... They will wait to get the full story before commenting would be my guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: