Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pandora px4d - Malmsteen tone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blacksteen75

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Pandora px4d - Malmsteen tone Reply with quote

Hi all, I recently bought a Pandora Px4d and I find it an amazing tool. I'd like to get an Yngwie tone but it's not so easy! Does anyone can help me?
thanx
blacksteen75

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really helpful! Thank you! Evil or Very Mad
MatsEriksson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey look, I have had posts lying around here for years, without no one really answering. I don't bicker because of that. Then they don't know, or can't provide you with Yngwie Tone. Little use of having thousands of posts here reply to you with "No, I can't help you with that". Don't you think?

My own take on all these whishes "Angus Young patches wanted" and so on, is that youngsters doesn't still seem to get that, say, Yngwie Malmsteen uses basically the same equipment as Ritchie Blackmore (a regular Strat and a Marshall amp), and yet can get so different sounds from it. It's in THEIR FINGERS. Only and to 99 percent. One percent is gear.

When I used to do that ages ago, I thought that it sounded "yngwie" in my hands. As fast as I handed over the very same guitar to someone else (equally as skilled) and he started playing, he went "No way Jose, doesn't sound anything like it, not even close".
Verdict: What will sound "yngwie" in my hands, most certainly will not sound "yngwie" in yours. Period.

Probably is that, why no one has answered your post.

-----------------

If you have a decent computer with a decent soundcard, (doesn't have to be the latest, fanciest and speediest around), go to www.scuffhamamps.com and download a DEMO of their S-GEAR amp simulator. 14 days for free! Choose their Stealer presets and some suitable speaker IIRs to go with that.

As fast as you hear this one, you'll know instantly why something like that (Your Yngwie tone, or whatever) is impossible on a (any) Pandora.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: