Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Insert Effects Routing Problem.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marlo74

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Insert Effects Routing Problem. Reply with quote

This is more of an advanced issue for those advanced PA3X users. I am not sure why korg designed the Insert Effects in the PA3X to work the way they are now. Basically all signals going through the insert effect will automatically go through the master effects.

This is causing me a headache when I am trying to set my insert effect with Drum tracks.
For example, let's say that I have a drum kit and I want to apply reverb to it through Master Effect 1 MFX1. Of course the drum kit setup allows me to indicate how much MFX1 level to send on each note. I usually send 0 (no reverb to the Kick Drum note). Now, let's say that I want to assign an EQ insert effect to the Drum kick through IFX1. Even though I have set the Drum Kick send of MFX1 (reverb) to 0, It is still giving me reverb on it because it is routing my EQ signal to the Master Effects 1. That sucks. I wish if there was a way to determine how much signal from the insert effect we can send to the master effects.
Does anyone know of a way?
videorov

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Effects Reply with quote

This is where the Kurzweil PC3K shines using effects and routing your signal through them. You have alot of control with it.
marlo74

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another problem I found out about the PA3X is that when un-ckecking the dry signal on the style tracks to get a true insert effect through the master effects. there is a delay when switching to that style. I dont think that Korg has done a good job on thier effects. We paid top dollars for the PA3X mainly for the enhanced effects they promised us. And it does not work properly.
ozdaniel(AD)
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For how long,you are korg user?.. read the owner's manual! Wink
marlo74

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozdaniel(AD) I have been a Korg Owner for year. I did read the manual. I do consider myself as an advanced owner. I still did not figure out how to overcome the problem. By the way not everything Korg claims in the manual is true. Like I mentioned in my posting, they do tell you that you can set the amount of effects send for each note on the drum kits. but once you use the insert effect, it doesnt work. Also, in the drum kit edit mode they do allow you to set the amount of insert effect to send to each master. but once you use it in a performance, it doesnt work either.

If you know how to solve it. or if there is something in the manual that I missed, then your help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

I assume you are editing the Drum Kit in the Track Controls > Drum Edit page. What you are doing, when setting the MFX1-3 parameters to 0 (zero) is to remove any offset from the original programming. The reverb is not removed, but just set to the default value.

To remove the reverb from all Kick Drums of your Drum Kit while in this page, you must select the Kick Drum icon on top of the page, set the relevant MFX parameter (usually MFX 1) to -64. This value means that the offeset is set at the minimum - i.e., no reverb at all.

Best regards,
Paolo
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paolo SmileSmileSmile .
We was thinking that economic crisis had hit and you .
Glad to see you , that you are still in KORG Italy SmileSmileSmile
And that Korg Italy has not fired their crew ... SmileSmileSmile
Make Music !!!
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lika,

Actually the crisis has hit us. All us at Korg Italy are forced to a second job, where we are involved into auto-tuning the lead vocal of the most recent radio hits.

Just kidding, but lot of projects ongoing.

Best, Paolo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: