Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRONOS DVD DRIVES
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
motic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure the Samsung was the 208 and NOT the S08 (which doesn't work... did the same mistake and brought it back!)?
I even tried with some SATA to USB interface (about 30 bucks) with an old pioneer pc drive and worked like a charm!

Music @ www.Soundclick.com/motic
Mmayassi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is the 208
motic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Than it's a real pain as you describe... (shame, the crisis is getting to everybody and to save their neck they have to cut on something... that's the way quality goes down the drain!)
I'm afraid your USB interface is really acting up!

Music @ www.Soundclick.com/motic
Product Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Not working Reply with quote

Mmayassi wrote:
Mad Mad I tried the LG. it didn't work. I ordered the Samsung from Amazon and it didn't work too. WTF
I can't beleive korg would have such bad support and product

[/quote]

Did you try the Samsung SE208ab when your Kronos was operating properly. If you did not, you may have a hardware failure. In that case, no DVD Drive will work to restore the Kronos. Several owners have reported RAM failure. In that case the bad RAM must be replaced.
Cpilot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Asus DVD writer, model SDRW-08D2S-U. Never used it until now so decided to give it a try. It has two power leads so I plugged them both into the Kronos. Kronos recognised the drive OK but when I put a DVD in, the Kronos locked up solid. Had to reboot. So I connected it via a little box I have which powers up the drive separately. Kronos recognised the drive but when I put a DVD in it disappeared from the Kronos. So I connected it to the laptop similarly and the same thing happened. So I connected the drive directly to the laptop and it worked like a charm. Next I connected it via a powered hub to the laptop and it still worked like a charm. Back to the Kronos with the powered hub. Kronos recognised the drive but when I put the DVD in the Kronos locked up solid again. So much for the Kronos. I'm less than impressed. Never had any trouble with flash drives or an external HDD though. Wonder why the DVD drive doesn't work.

Bryan
Cpilot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting corollary to my previous post. I booted up the Kronos with the drive plugged in and the factory disk #1 inserted. Up came the install menu. Didn't want to do any installation so I exited and powered down. Unplugged the drive and rebooted. Kronos came up normally. Plugged the drive in and inserted an audio CD. I'm listening to Miles Davis as I write this. Checked the documentation and it specifically says UDF formatted disks, so it won't read disks with regular files, So if I want to load samples I'll have to write them to a CD-RW in UDF format or copy them to a flash drive or HDD. So the documentation is the culprit as it doesn't spell out clearly the requirements. Just assumes you already know what you are doing. Common mistake for documenters. So I can recommend the Asus drive.

Bryan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: