Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems to sync my X50 with Sonar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ironitech

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Problems to sync my X50 with Sonar Reply with quote

I'm having problems to sync my X50 with Sonar, or have I misunderstood something?

I've connected the X50 via USB, and in Sonar I've tried every setting possible and I sometimes manage to get them to work together. I consider them to be in sync when the tempo LED flashes at the same time as the metronome is ticking, is this correct? When I press rec that LED halts until in sync and then starts to flash at every tick. So far so good, but when I stop recording, press "W" for rewind, the X50 wont sync again. If I press play or rec the LED keeps flashing at correct tempo but not in sync.

The Midi Clock is set to "Ext-USB" (but I've tried "Auto")
RT is checked

What should the settings be in Sonar, and why does it work until I press "W"?
Ironitech

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 ˝ years later I still have this problem...any suggestions...
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The X50 doesn't have a sequencer. The tempo is only used for the arpeggiators. So don't use the arpeggiators, just send it the notes you want it to play from Sonar. Then it won't matter one bit whether or not the tempo light is in sync with Sonar. The X50 doesn't need to be sync'd with Sonor or any DAW software, since it will play any midi note it receives regardless of the tempo LED.

In other words, you don't need to use the X50 arpeggiators in order for it to play arpeggios that are sent to it as midi notes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: