Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there limit on SD card size for PA50sd/Micro arranger?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dnj

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Is there limit on SD card size for PA50sd/Micro arranger? Reply with quote

Before I buy one would like to know if there is a limit on SD card size 4G, 8G, 16G...or more?
scottyee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Memory Size + Brand & SD Card Speed Type Best Recommende Reply with quote

Dnj wrote:
Before I buy one would like to know if there is a limit on SD card size 4G, 8G, 16G...or more?

Hi Donny. Good question. I don't know if there's a limit on the SD card size, but because the Korg MicroArranger card storage doesn't support "sound or audio files", but only much smaller file types (SET;GBL;PRF;PCG;STY;MID;Kar;JBX), I would expect that even a 4GB GB card would probably offer MORE storage than you would ever actually require. Considering that though, I'd probably go with an 8GB card because it doesn't cost much more.

The Korg MicroArranger user specs doesn't mention any kind of memory size limitation, but does state you can use the following types of cards to save or load data to and from the microArranger's internal memory:

* SD (High Speed, Ultra II, SDHC)
* MMC
* MicroSD with an SD adapter
* MiniSD with an SD adapter

note: the microArranger supports SD cards with a power supply voltage of 2.7 - 3.6V.

Though I'm planning to purchase an 8GB SD card, I'd like to know what specific brand(s) and speed type (high Speed, Ultra II, SDHC) is best recommended for the Korg MicroArranger. What SD memory size, brand/model & which speed type are others here successfully using on their Korg Arranger(s)?

Thanks in advance.

Scott Smile
scottyee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I went ahead & got this one for my MicroArranger:

Sandisk (Item# SDSDB-8192-A11)
SDHC Card, 8 Gb, Class 4
Dnj

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott let us know if it works correctly in your Micro when you get it.
Good Luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: