Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Restore Disks for Oasys 88

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pgrant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Restore Disks for Oasys 88 Reply with quote

I am in desperate need of the restore disks to get my keyboard back to life! The internal hard drive has failed and I bought the keyboard used. I have the latest OS 1.3.3a and have the re-authorization disk, but I have no way, or at least I dont think I do, to format the new drive and resinstall all the software and modules and songs, sounds, etc... Are these disks available by download anywhere? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks Smile
AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not sure if theres a download, but a link here should give you more info in obtaining them. http://www.korg.com/SupportPage.aspx?productid=214

Operating System Version 1.3.1 Four-CD SetOperating System Version 1.3.1This four-CD set can be used to reauthorize and update an OASYS from Version 1.0 (or higher) to Version 1.3.1. To download the CD images, please submit a request using the form at korg.com/contactus.aspx

JOHN 3:16
AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post

JOHN 3:16

Last edited by AnthonyB on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
pgrant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Restore Discs for Oasys 88 Reply with quote

Thank you Anthony. I've been all over that site and didnt see anything about restore discs. I beleive what I need is a bootable disc with the OS on it and utilities like format drive to be successful. I did fill out a form for Customer Service via email. Say replies are sent between 3 -5 business days. The bootable OS update installer discs do not contain (or at least I do not believe they do) a bootable utility menu. I have new HD coming and have no way to format it. Not sure if the OS update discs are a COMPLETE OS or just updates to specific OS files. Without the restore discs I believe I am stuck. Next step is to Korg Support during their business hours and see where that takes me.
pgrant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Replaced Oasys Hard Drive Reply with quote

I was able to get the ISO images from korguser.net technical support. Spoke with a really great customer service rep named Max. He knew exactly what I needed and put the ISO file for each disc out on an FTP server and sent me the links. Created the 1.3.1 four disc install set on CD. Replaced the hard drive with an 80mb IDE drive, booted up to disc 1, formated the drive, installed the OS and re-authorized the unit and I was back in action again. Glad I backed up all my songs and custom files to USB and CD, so I didn't lose anything. If anyone ever needs help replacing their Oasys hard drive I can step you through it. You just need two different + size screwdrivers and a bit of patience. At first is may seem intimidating, but once you get the metal shields off it's pretty straight forward. All the best - Paul
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, I'm so glad you were able to get support. Are you in the US? Smile Smile
pgrant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, in the US. California. I love my Oasys. The asupport was awesome once I got past the 30minute hold time Razz Have you found anyone that has put together a nice set of user drum patterns? I'm not a drummer and would like to add a more natural drum tracks to my music...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: