Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New user - severe problem joining

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonykara3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: New user - severe problem joining Reply with quote

I have had so much trouble joining this forum, and it has exposed a big flaw in the new user sign up system.

I tried to join using my primary email. It sends a verification email, and that verification must be responded to in order to join. Fine. The problem is that I never got the verification email. Trying the "forgot my password" didn't work because my account had never been verified. Trying to start over again with the same email doesn't work because it says that email is used. There is no way to contact a forum administrator, etc... Pain in the ass.

So I try one of my other accounts. Same thing.

I try a different email from a different domain, and it finally works.

I still want to use my original email account for this forum.
I guess I need to have an admin manually intervene, but there should be a way to trigger re-sending the original verification email.
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Silly question I know, but did you check your junk mail box? These types of emails often end up there.

If not, let me know and I'll activate your first account and delete the other 2.

Thanks,

Emma
tonykara3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Emma,

Yes, I checked, but didn't spot it there. I could have missed it sure, but the point I was trying to make is that there is a flaw in the system.

Yes, if you could make the first one my user acct, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I've activated your first user name. If you could try logging in with it just to make sure it works and let me know before I delete your other accounts.

In regards to the flaw with registering, yes I can see that this may cause problems but usually the problems are caused by the emails not reaching the inbox and being filtered off somewhere else. Unfortunately we are unable to change the sign up process but this may be something that is improved once the boards are updated.
tonykara

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it works. Thanks!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: