Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton with CF card reader & Akai discs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwarsell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Triton with CF card reader & Akai discs Reply with quote

Ok this is a bit ancient gear, but I recently got a hold of a SCSI CF card reader/writer, which I have managed to hook up to my Korg Triton's SCSI port. I have tested it, it reads the CF card.

Now, I have Triton's sample memory maxed, it's not much (64 mb) but still something. Now, I'd like to know how would I be able to load AKAI discs (as this is not a CD-ROM but a CF reader) from a Compact Flash card into my Triton? Triton supports AKAI S1000/3000.

From the Triton parameter guide, p. 237: "EXB-SCSI. This also allows you to load Akai (S1000/S3000), Korg, AIFF, and WAVE format sample files etc.
from a CD-ROM drive." Then a warning triangle followed by:"This format cannot be executed for media that is not 512 bytes/block (such as 640 MB MO disks etc.)

Does this mean it's not possible? That I should have gotten a SCSI CF CD-ROM instead? I can probably use Chickens/CDXtract to convert the Akai discs into...I don't know...wav? and then load those into the Triton, but it misses the whole point I was trying to do, i.e. be able to load Akai discs with my Triton.
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a wild stab in the dark, but you might want to try to use some tool to extract a BIN image from the CD and write this image to the CF card with some HDD imaging tool. For the latter I'd give a go to the tool called 'WinImage', another alternative might be Ghost, but have not much idea for the former (but there should be tools for that out there).

I don't recall if AKAI CD's can be read on a PC (not - am I correct?), but if you can copy files off the CD somehow using a PC, you might be able to get results by just copying these files onto the FAT (or Triton) formatted CF card.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: