Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Retrospective" a song I composed strictly M50

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Promote Your Music Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KronosSoundDesigns

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: "Retrospective" a song I composed strictly M50 Reply with quote

Can't remember what patches I used for this but it was all recorded into my DAW from the Korg M50

Casio HT-3000, Korg Wavestation, Roland Juno-D, Korg NS5R, Korg X-50, Korg Kontroller 49, Akai MPK 88, Korg M50, Korg Radias, Atmosphere, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, East West Studios various instruments, Roland Juno-Gi, Yamaha MOX8, Kronos 7.
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it a lot. Very relaxing and rhythmic. I have a question for you about the fade ins and out particularily on the drum track. How did you do it? Did you use the Korg or the DAW for this??
KronosSoundDesigns

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you csteen. I appreciate it.

Actually everything was recorded into the DAW (Reaper), with original effects intact that way. Im pretty sure the beginning congas and santana esk beats were my doodling with a drumkit with decent ethnic sounds. I then used the drum patterns that suited the song. As far as how i faded the drums in and out. Part of that was with the volume control on the M50 and part was inside the DAW after the tracks were recorded. I don't know why i ever used MIDI to create until the Kronos you would be limited to the 2 or 3 master FX for the song. On some synths, hell on most synths, the individual FX each combi or program used, helped make the sound what it was. So i got this brainy idea, surely not new to the industry, lol, that instead, I would record strictly audio tracks and keep time without the help of the midi quantize function. If a audio track is bump, then it gets deleted and I go again, till I am satisfied.
Casio HT-3000, Korg Wavestation, Roland Juno-D, Korg NS5R, Korg X-50, Korg Kontroller 49, Akai MPK 88, Korg M50, Korg Radias, Atmosphere, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, East West Studios various instruments, Roland Juno-Gi, Yamaha MOX8, Kronos 7.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Promote Your Music Online All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: